Question HPX Mod

JRJ04

Reaction score
how hard is it to install the high pressure crossover oil line on my truck? I was gonna order one from dieselsite, but wanted to make sure theres nothing terribly difficult to installing it.

Your thoughts?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how hard is it to install the high pressure crossover oil line on my truck? I was gonna order one from dieselsite, but wanted to make sure theres nothing terribly difficult to installing it.

Your thoughts?

Not hard at all. Remove 2 plugs from the oil rails, replace them with the HPX line. When you get the HPX from dieselsite, it'll come with Easy to Follow Directions.

Piece'a Cake.. 20-30 minute install.

If you have any issues/questions.. Pm me or post'm.

Last edited:

dpantazis

Reaction score
they are great. help smooth out the motor.

but clean and keep the plugs that come out of the heads and put them in a baggie in your glove box. hopefully you will never need them. in the case the line fails or you blow an oring, having them handy on the side of the road is key.

dp

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are great. help smooth out the motor.

but clean and keep the plugs that come out of the heads and put them in a baggie in your glove box. hopefully you will never need them. in the case the line fails or you blow an oring, having them handy on the side of the road is key.

dp

Very good point dp ;tu I've carried the plugs with me, for that very reason. Aint happened yet, but........ Ya never know.

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thankx for the tip dpantazis. I put my plugs in the barn with my factory airbox and AIH heater.

Jeff

dpantazis

Reaction score
grasshopper:

put the plugs/caps in a baggie in your glove box. leave them there.

you will be glad they are there when all you have to borrow from the pissed off farmer at 10 at night who you roused up is an wrench to put them back in when the line started leaking, in a snowstorm in the middle of iowa because you left your tools at home 800 miles away.

imagine his relief when you didn't come a knocking and asking for his daughter.

DAMKIKT

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
has anyone tried using the stainless crossover line over the hose?

I tried two hose style H/X mods a total of three times. All of them started leaking between 6 to 18 months.

I switched to the stainless tubing type of H/X mod and it's been doing great for I want to guess about 4 years now.

IMHO: The solid tube style is the only way to go.

Diezel Dawg

vvv Real NW Truck
Reaction score
has anyone tried using the stainless crossover line over the hose?

I have used both

I tried two hose style H/X mods a total of three times. All of them started leaking between 6 to 18 months.

I switched to the stainless tubing type of H/X mod and it's been doing great for I want to guess about 4 years now.

IMHO: The solid tube style is the only way to go.

I had the braided steel hose before and it leaked at the crimp of the fittings. Then i bought the SS line from ITP and havent lookedback. it only leaked once and it was because of a bad o-ring. I second Tailgunner opinion on the SS line

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr