Question Oil Change on 2009 F-250 Diesel

letsrun100

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just left the new car lot, I'm thinking about trading in my 2001 F-250 diesel for a new 2009 model. I asked the salesman about changing my own oil. He told me the dealer has to do it, I can't do it myself. Something about lifting the body from the engine. Is this true, or can I do it myself like I can with my old 2001 F-250?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
That is a typical salesman, and you bought a truck from this jerk? You can crawl under the truck and pull the plug and refill it, no problem. The filter is as easy to change and not messy.

Dave :)

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
letsrun100,

I haven't seen the 2009 Super Duty's yet, but this sounds crazy. I hope the salesman was kidding? Maybe you should find another sales person to speak with.

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt find a different sales person id find a new dealer! thats crazy if it was that hard to change oil i dont think ford would sell very many trucks i've done an 08 which i think would be the same and it was as the same as any other engine, find a dealer that knows the trucks there selling and good luck! i think you gonna miss your 7.3L, just my .02!!

letsrun100

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Of course I didn't buy the truck, I'm just looking right now. I just found that very, very hard to believe. Rather than argue with the guy, I decided to get some opinions. The next dealer I visit I'll look for myself. And sorry, it's a 2008model.

wpfd571: Why am I going to miss my 7.3L? You don't like the 6.4L? Why/why not?

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not saying its a bad motor i just prefer my 7.3l the guys i know arent to impressed with it but i dont own one. mostly the fuel ecomony was a big down fall but its getting better, we just took our newest plow truck in (08 f-350 rc with 30k)and it got a notebook full of recalls done to it, im not a big fan of the power delivery seems you have to get it screamin to do anything, but they are fast! im not trying to bash anyones truck but i havent been impresed with any ford diesels newer than a 03 when the 6.0 came out and im a diehard ford guy just heard to many horror stories. i think the 6.4 is gonna be you get a good one or a lemon like the 6.0 has been. I know there are plenty guys who really know the 6.4 and hopefully they will speak up, do your reading on them and try to get as much seat time in one as you can get. The boss man wanted me to run the 08 this season but i turned it down i kinda like my noisey and somewhat slow 7.3! an 02 with 110K and almost no down time other than the 2 trans. been in it since 03 when i fell in love

blueoneton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints concerning my 2002 F350 7.3 I think a common mistake with some dealers/sales people I have spoken with before buying my 7.3, was most of them had very little knowledge about diesels. Given the fact that my 7.3 was about $5500.00 more than a gas Super Duty you would think the sales person would have the proper diesel related background, at least with common type questions/concerns. After all, the sale may depend on it.

Davesz06

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
6.4 Oil Change

First off the dealer feeding you a crock of s___! I get my oil at Wally World
Motorcraft 15w40 and a filter Motorcraft 2016. You'll need a socket for the filter on top of the motor (36mm) and a 5 gallon bucket. Thats it! Make sure the oil has a CJ-4 rating on the bottle.These new low sulphur diesels have to have that rating or you'll screw up the DPF. Dave:)

Fine69

Reaction score
RUN from that AZZHAT! Oil changes are as easy or easier than a 7.3! Just buy a Fumoto valve to REALLY make oil changes simple. I don't even get my hands dirty when changing my oil.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr