Gauge questions

JMF350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a line on a 3 gauge pod, with ISSPRO gauges. Boost, pyro, tranny temp (6 spd manual). It is in an 04 with a 6.0, and I believe that a sensor or T is missing from the boost gauge (vac hose to map cut). My question is.... are these gauge set-ups from ISSPRO vehicle specific? I don't think they are but, just wanting an opinion. Not sure on price yet, but will be cheap.
Another option for me is to buy a set of gauges from Autometer, with just the boost and pyro, which is all I was really wanting anyway. Has anyone on here had any BAD luck with the Autometers? Thanks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Autometer gauges are good. This will turn into a Ford/Chevy battle. They are both good gauges and it is a matter of preference. As far as I know, they are all non-vehicle specific.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Dave sez, Gauges are non-vehicle specific. The only thing you get when you order gauges, vehicle specific, is fittings and wire lengths for Your vehicle, but those items are cheap and readily available at most any Parts Houses. You can go to many of the SDD sponsor sites and get the fitting sizes from their instructions... or call Autometer... or Post your questions here :dunno

That Trans temp gauge just may come in handy, even on a 6 spd, if you do any towing/plowing or the like. I have one and like it.

Joe

remedm

EDM DIESEL
Reaction score
All Isspro are universal you could put them in a prius and they would
work. As far as the autometer it is hard to beat Isspro quality and performance.

Michael

Gauge Guy
Reaction score
Yup, gauges are generally not vehicle specific. One minor exception is the range of the gauges. For instance, the Duramax owners get low (20-40 psi) fuel pressure gauges, while we Powerstroke owners get 100 psi fuel pressure gauges.

One significant difference in brands is temperature compensated pyrometers (something unique to ISSPRO).

Conventional pyrometers just measure the difference in temperature between the probe tip and the leadwire end (typically at the gauge head). The industry standard is to calibrate on the assumption that the gauge head is at 70° F. In an enclosed cab on a hot day with a dark colored interior, a gauge can reach well over 170° F and will be very slow to cool off (the pods act as a good insulator). This will result in your pyro displaying a temperature over 100° F cooler than the actual temperature, in conditions where you are likely to see high temperatures. Because of this inherent inaccuracy, ISSPRO Performax and EV² pyrometers utilize temperature compensation circuits and show the actual probe tip temperature.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

PHXF250

Diesel Freak
Reaction score
I like that 3 Gauge ISSPRO 3 Gauge set from Diesel Manor. I think the 30psi boost would be more than enough since I will probably never go beyond Stock with my engine. Autometer have a loyal following (I like them too, but those ISSPRO match my truck near perfect.

I personally don't think the fellas with the manual transmissions need the Trans temp gauge. I would use the 3rd pod for something like fuel like to see some pics of some of these gauge pods.
PHX:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr