AIH delete

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished my AIH delete and man what a job. First I had to open the hood ( dang that things heavy), THEN I had to actually take off not 1 but 2 nuts! ( Break time, I need a beer). Then unscrew the AIH ( it was bout finger tight on my truck). Beer thirty again. removed the red wire. ( another heavy item). Tape up the ground. Then had to actually screw in my delete plug. ( jeez does it ever end? ). Total time start to finish, bout 3 minutes, umm and the 2 beers I drank.

Don't we wish all mods were this easy? :D :lmao

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished my AIH delete and man what a job. First I had to open the hood ( dang that things heavy), THEN I had to actually take off not 1 but 2 nuts! ( Break time, I need a beer). Then unscrew the AIH ( it was bout finger tight on my truck). Beer thirty again. removed the red wire. ( another heavy item). Tape up the ground. Then had to actually screw in my delete plug. ( jeez does it ever end? ). Total time start to finish, bout 3 minutes, umm and the 2 beers I drank.

;tu ;tu....:lmao:lmao

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score

Damn!!!

You really should have asked for some help before tackling such a project by yourself. I'm sure we have some forum members not far from you.

A person could get seriously hurt, having to repeatedly get up, open that fridge and lifting & moving those heavy beers over and over and over again.

Next time ask someone for help and remember, lift with your legs and not your back.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, fill me in I'm lost.........:dunno What's an AIH?

On the 7.3s the AIH (Air Intake Heater) is in the Y pipe, just before where the boosted air splits and goes into the Plenums... 'bout as big around as yer thumb and 'bout as long. It's [supposed to] preheat the air on Start up only.. so the engine warms up quicker (smog reg thing).. but it's an Air Flow Restriction fer shur.. Sooo, many of us choose to delete it, and thread a Plug in, where it was.

Joe

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can drink some beer I think I'll see if I have one to remove. If not, I'll get another big box of beer and change the air in my tires. Again!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can drink some beer I think I'll see if I have one to remove. If not, I'll get another big box of beer and change the air in my tires. Again!

yep be aware that stuff gets stale but make sure you use that 70% nitrogen mix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr