EBPV QUESTION

pinecrestfarm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
This is my first post. This is a great site with alot of GREAT info on it. I just unplugged my EBPV(on my 97 F250) and it is the best thing I've done to it. Seems to warm just as good, or even better, than it did before. With out the aggrivation of the poor performance.
My question is, Do I have to do anything else or am I good to go. I have heard that alot of people wire them back or gut them. Will just unplugging it cause a problem later? Thanks for the info.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
it will be perfectly fine the way it is.you can gut it if you wish at a later date but its not necessary.gutting it will lower your EGTs byabout 50 degrees.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Leave it, gut it or wire it up to a switch for use as a exhaust brake. All three are just fine..

pinecrestfarm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! For now I will leave as is, later I might wire it up for an exhaust brake. Thanks again!!!!!!

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
I love using mine for an ehaust brake hardly ever use my brake unless driving in town.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I gutted mine, so far no complaints on doing that. But as already stated, leaving as is, wiring on a switch or gutting is all acceptable. Before you unhooked the wire did you give the ole college effort at cleaning the EBPV tube and pressure switch? Sometimes that can be a good alternative to keeping things functioning as close to stock as possible.

pinecrestfarm

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Didn't try cleaning it. I may give it a try when I can get some time. I really do appriciate your all's info!

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
pinecrestfarm said:
Didn't try cleaning it. I may give it a try when I can get some time. I really do appriciate your all's info!
Take that tube off that goes from the front of the passengers exh manifold up to the EBP sensor (located by the HPOP) and get yourself a very light gauge cable from the hardware store, chuck it up in a 3/8 drill and begin feeding it into the tube along with something like carb cleaner, run the cable through the lenght of the tube and clean the bottom of the sensor real good and see how it performs.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
So the EBPV sensor is attached to the bracket on the left rear side of the HPOP resevoir with three wires (purple, brown w/ white & gray w/ red) ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr