tuners

twisted952

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
so my first questions is what tune is the best for 06 6.0. was thinking sct or dialbo trinity. any input would be great. thanks guys

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
search( google or whatever you like ) the topic for a plethora of info

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am leaning toward spartan tuners myself

I'm not a owner of the 6.0 or 6.4... but from what I have read (feedback and recomendations from other diesel owners) SCT custom tuning seems more popular from 6.0 owners and the Spartan for the 6.4's.

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I tow with the Programer Max Energy by Hypertech, set to level 3 and 114HP Gain. Its an awsome programer, been using it for over 3 years with a stock truck. The torque is at least 20/30% higher at the same speeds.

I found that at 10PSI Boost gives me best MPG and I can do most hills quit well with the 15500Lbs 5th wheel in tow. MPG decreases very quick when the torque/load goes behound 55%.

The best tool to improve MPG is the scangaugeII. It will tell the whole story about Gas mileage and where it best to operate at. I get all kinds of other drivers assumptions but my Scangauge tells me everything I have to know. No one else or other method of measurement come as close for $165.

For anyone that have programers and MPG problems its the right tool. Because it can be calibrated at every tank. Mine varies from 17 to 43% differential with the pump, but thats ok because once calibrated I can find the fuel station that are rubbing my money. At Home there are 2 out of 3 Fuel station that are robbing me of up to 10% so now I fuel at the one that give me my moneys worth. Pay back on my ScangaugeII is done quit quickly that way, plus its a Scanner when required and an EOT and ECT gauge with digital Indiucator for many other gauges.

I bought it to tell me where the truck was most efficient at and for protection because I knew the 6.0L had to be watched when towing with the programer. EGT has never been a problem while towing with the Max Energy set at level 3 for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr