Question Radio without sound

Tony G

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Hello to fellow Ford Super Duty enthusiasts. This is my first post here and I want to look in here regularly to learn and offer help if possible.My immediate problem is my 2002 F250 4x4. The am,fm,cass, cd would work for a while in the a.m. then cut out until the next day. Then it stopped all together. The display functions perfectly just no volume. I checked the wiring and fuses and even placed another unit in and still no sound. I did the speaker walkaround test and no sound. I noticed on Ford downloaded schematics that the brake a.b.s. module is wired into the radio along with cruise. I have an intermittent a.b.s. fault which throws the speedo off when it flashes the abs lamp.Could this be causing it. Once or twice during morning startup the radio played until I applied the brake to shift the truck into gear and it quit right then.:dunno

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
:welcome2 Tony. Sounds like you are on the right track with the ABS. Check for a loose connection. This is a new one on me. Good luck.

Dave

KTurner01

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tony I have the same problem on a 02. Does yours ever smoke a little from the radio itself?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track