Question New Exhaust

Normagden

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a new exhaust system for my 2004 F-250 Super Duty 6.0L turbo diesel and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on what one to get? I'm not trying to "brake" the bank but want a good one that will keep the nice rumble I have now. Thanks in advance

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
I have the same question since I just bought an '04. I have a crew long box 4X4 auto. What is your truck configuration? I need to know which one is simple enough to do myself and will fit my budget which is as cheap as I can get!!:sly The EGR delete is a bit spendy so the exhaust will probably come first.

79jasper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diamond eye has a nice kit. Check with the vendors here.

Sent from my *******-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
The first one I had was for my 01 7.3 diesel and that was a cheap turbo back 4" system that was aluminumized steel pipe. Even living in a salt state it worked well and still to this day looks good. I have a 4"stainless AFE on my 6.0 now thats over 8 yrs old that works and sounds ok but look like it has a light rust coating. You can get anything from turbo back, cat back, with or without muffler. All different options. I have a 5' piece of pipe with what looks like auger flighting in it just to stop drone at cruising speeds.

Ziefer92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first one I had was for my 01 7.3 diesel and that was a cheap turbo back 4" system that was aluminumized steel pipe. Even living in a salt state it worked well and still to this day looks good. I have a 4"stainless AFE on my 6.0 now thats over 8 yrs old that works and sounds ok but look like it has a light rust coating. You can get anything from turbo back, cat back, with or without muffler. All different options. I have a 5' piece of pipe with what looks like auger flighting in it just to stop drone at cruising speeds.

Brother also has 4"stainless AFE for about 4 years now and starting to get ugly with those rust.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered a 5" system from summit racing. Going no cat. and no muff. Going to be LOUD and nasty...lol

troutwest66

6.0- The Dark Side!
Reaction score
Update to resurrect an old thread. I just did a 4" Diamond Eye turbo back with muffler, aluminized steel. I got it installed locally for $475 plus tax. Sounds great. Throaty when you hammer on it and whistles enough I love to drive around with the right windows down. [emoji106]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr