What would you do?

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You've seen my posts. I've had a few problems. I've really lost confidence in my truck. The radio still doesn't work right and it won't do it for the Techs. The motor doesn't run right and is building up a good layer of soot on the exhaust pipe. I believe I should have listened to my inner self and not purchased the first year model.
In a few months, I hope to have my house sold and I want to travel the country pulling my 5th wheel. I intend to criss cross this nation of ours!
I believe I need to do one of the following two things:
1.) trade my truck for a 2014 or 2015 model
2.) purchase the extended warranty

What would you do?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the "Gremlin/PIA/Glitch" problems you describe about your truck.. after you sell the house, and can walk away from it all, Free & Clear.. I'd get a new 2015.. Hook it to that 5r.. and Hit The Bricks. There's ALOT to See & Do out there..... right here.

'Jus my .03

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with Joe on this one, the 2015 should have more power and also ride better.
Doug

SDChris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
That's a tough decision, if your in the position to get a new truck then why not. You could always ditch the radio for a aftermarket one, it would sound better anyways. I wouldn't buy the warranty.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joe & Doug. Do you think the 2015 is better than a new 2014?

Other than some cosmetics... I don't think there's any dif. IMO, the running gear has been "on the road" long enough... any major bugs have been addressed and fixed ? Maintenance and driving style is the key ?

I went for a 2012.. after the 2013's were out.. saved some buck's ???

Joe

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Other than some cosmetics... I don't think there's any dif. IMO, the running gear has been "on the road" long enough... any major bugs have been addressed and fixed ? Maintenance and driving style is the key ?

I went for a 2012.. after the 2013's were out.. saved some buck's ???

Joe

Actually, BIG JOE, I think there is a BIG difference. Between 2011 and now, they have cured the issue with the valves on the left cylinder head. Anything after that time is probably OK. For 2015, they have a different High pressure fuel pump, more HP and more torque. Everything else is the same.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I would go with the 2015.
Actually that's what I'm planning to do this fall if I have a good year.
My 2011 has been flawless, aside from peeling chrome on the tube steps, replaced under warranty. :sweet

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, there doesn't seem to be any 2014 models within 1200 miles of here! I ordered a new 2015! Now, I have to wait for 6, 8, 10 weeks!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, there doesn't seem to be any 2014 models within 1200 miles of here! I ordered a new 2015! Now, I have to wait for 6, 8, 10 weeks!

Bummer ! But it'll be worth the wait.

I felt REAL lucky to find this 2012, in 2013 with the exact [functional] options I was after.. REAL lucky. It's not as easy as some think.. if your picky about what you want.. and don't want.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58