High idle

Coleman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New to this forum I'm sure this has been discussed, but, I was told by my local dealer that my 2014 cannot use a idle control because even at a higher idle it will clog the exhaust filter. It would be nice to have high idle to warm the truck up come winter. I have seen a couple aftermarket ones that would have to be spliced into the harness which I'm not that comfortable with. What do you guys think ? Or is there a plug and play programmer available.

Thanks for any help.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I wired my 2004 F-350 myself, but that won't help you Tbar. Hope the switch shows up soon.

Dave :dunno

Coleman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've installed the switch and works great. Only problem is that it won't work when you use the remote start, the key needs to be on to go into high idle.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried installing this switch today and couldn't get it to work. Double checked my wiring. Called BD for technical assistance but all they could offer was to replace the switch. Anyone else have trouble with the install?

No trouble with mine (Sagbel DYI) T but.. FWIW ? There's a 3-5 second delay from when you flip the switch and the RPM's actually coming up.

Trans in P, E-brake on.. flip the switch.. wait a second or 5 ? Try That ?

I'm think'n it's ECM/PCM logic/safety needs ??

Joe

On edit: >>WOW<< 5000 posts on SDD !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58