Gonna be doing some towing this weekend

JRJ04

Reaction score
Folks, as the title states...I'm going to be doing a little towing with my truck this weekend. I'll be dragging a 31' cabin cruiser boat on a triple axle trailer...I think all in, I'll be around 11k. I've never pulled this much before but know my truck is capable.

Anything special i need to do other than common sense (keep speed in check etc.)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

xtrahappy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
#1 Check your brakes, before you hit the road. If not used in awhile (drums or rotors) may have some rust on them. #2 Remember your longer, swing wider. Curbs can be rough on tires and rims.
#3 Have a good trip and post a pic of your rig hooked up to the boat.

JRJ04

Reaction score
#1 Check your brakes, before you hit the road. If not used in awhile (drums or rotors) may have some rust on them.

trailer is brand new so shouldnt have any issues. just changed pads all the way around on my truck about 6 months ago so shouldnt see any issues there

#2 Remember your longer, swing wider. Curbs can be rough on tires and rims.

absolutely!

#3 Have a good trip and post a pic of your rig hooked up to the boat.

will do!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything should go fine, do you know how long it's been since the wheel bearing on the
trailer have been packed, and are the tires in good shape. How tail is the boat, watch for
low hanging linbs.
Doug

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Love towing, but something that big always freaked me out. Like Doug said, check the bearings to make sure they have been packed. Wheel busted off my trailer because of that. Lucky it didn't take off on me as I saw it and stopped before any really damage happened. Brakes, brakes, brakes. Make sure yours are working at a 150%. ;)

Pics, pics and more pics. Post them up when you can!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64