New Member new to superduty forum

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Greetings! I currently have a 2012 F-150 Ecoboost. I will be saying bye to that truck next month. In the coming months I will be shopping for a new F-350 diesel, XLT, crewcab. A year ago my wife and I purchased a new 34' travel trailer which weighs in at approximately 8200lbs loaded, 1100-1200lbs hitch weight. After several trips this past year towing with my F-150, I've come to the conclusion I need more truck. I use a BlueOx SwayPro hitch, and have upgraded the tires on my truck to load range E tires. Still my F-150 feels overloaded, and likely is. Towing in any kind of crosswind is very stressful. All the diesel truck owners I've talked with at campgrounds say the same thing "I'll never go back to a gas truck". My future F-350 will be my first diesel truck and I'll be super excited to get it.

Todd

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If you tow in windy areas you might consider a Dually Rear Wheel model F 350. Just a thought... :welcome2 to SDD!

Dave ;tu

Last edited:

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
A dually is probably a bit more than I need for towing a travel trailer, plus it wouldn't fit in my garage. A 157' wheelbase will fit in my garage with only a few inches to spare.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outbacker, Welcome to SDD.com, glad to have you here. Will you be buying a new truck or a New to you truck? Lots of nice trucks out there.
Good luck on finding what your looking for.
Doug

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will most likely be purchasing new. I've looked at used ones 2011 and up, but dealers and private sellers are asking top dollar, especially for diesels in excellent condition with less than 100K miles which are hard to find. Plus most the used diesels I've looked at have clearly been used for work or used by RV haulers/shippers. So I'll be saving all my pennies and drop them on new one. My future F-350 will be the truck I'll keep for at least 15 years.

Todd

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
After months of looking, I finally pulled the trigger and traded my 2012 F-150 Ecoboost. I'm now the owner of a new to me 2012 F-250 XLT 6.7L crew cab. It's in great shape with 55,000 miles and has the chrome package, FX4 package, camper package, and fifth wheel/gooseneck prep. I found it at a local Ford dealer after being on the lot a couple days. I knew if I hesitated it would be gone. I can't wait to see how she handles my camper.

Todd

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your find ;tu;tu

I'll bet yul find that F-250/6.7 will tow yer TT around... as if it wasn't there !! FORD did their homework.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you found one, sounds good. Post a picture when you get a change.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58