Still Around just in RV school

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lord this school stuff is harder after 28+ years out of school. But when I'm done, Ill be a RV master mechanic on all things RV related. I have learned about welding holding tanks and all the toilet made for RV's this week. All Ill say about toilets is if its not working buy a new one. :sly:sly

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good lord this school stuff is harder after 28+ years out of school. But when I'm done, Ill be a RV master mechanic on all things RV related. I have learned about welding holding tanks and all the toilet made for RV's this week. All Ill say about toilets is[ if its not working buy a new one.] :sly:sly

Stay with it !! It'll be worth every(Looooong) minute. I've been around, over and under RV's long enough to Totally Agree: If most anything RV wise isn't working right anymore.. Replace it.. with a Complete New "thing"..... cheaper/better in the long run ?

Joe

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, on what Joe said, I tried rebuilding a toilet once and as soon as I got one thing fixed another part broke, so
I just go and buy a new part anymore. I found out a day or two ago that the spring in my awning is broke.
Doug

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
RV Master Mechanic..... That sounds interesting. Any money in it? I am still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something around 40mil in campers on the road and about 100 thous certified rv mechanics. As my teacher put it Not Camp squirrels (aka) rv shade tree mechanics. The school I'm going to is the best in the nation that I could find. Even the dealer all over the country send guys here and told me to go to this school. Dealers send guys here for training in other areas. The school is called RV Training Center, it's in Clearwater Florida.

PM me if you want more info.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just over 6 weeks in and I'm cleared on RV AC and DC power, plumbing, water heaters, furnaces, TV antenna's, brakes, wheels, tires and truck hitch's. Here the funny part went to Lowe's to get some things for the house and was asked by two people if I would come and look at there RV's. I was wearing a school shirt that said RV training center on it. But they still want me to look at there RV. The work is there at the picking.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, got to put mine in the shop next week for 3 or 4 things that I can't do.
Doug

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i just ordered all filters and the air dryer cartridge....gonna be busy next week
annual is up on the board

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 more weeks and I'll be done. I have been asked to look at campers every days I walk in to lowes or home depot to get things. This is crazy, I'm just wear a school shirt that says RV Training center and there all over me like crazy. I worked on one guys camper at lowes he could not get his heater to work right and the stove had bad flames. the water heater sounded like a jet engine. there not to sound like that, so I fixed it and adjusted his LP regulator at the bottles to the right psi and everything started working right. The guy said he had been at the dealer 6 times and they could not figure out what was wrong. I found it in 5 mins. and walked away with a really happy customer and some $$$ in my hand.