2017 Super Duty Trucks

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
truck trend is screwing up. the 3.5 eco is not going to be in the super duty
the 2017 raptor gets the eco, and garnered some gains in hp and tq
the masking really screws up your eyes
but i bet A WHOLE lot of f150 cues do carry over,
especially if they go more alum bodied..

funny gm is making a huge alum issue and calling it less strong.....but fail to mention their hoods are now all aluminum

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The people that I talk to who use there 3.5 L EcoBoost engine trucks like a truck and want them to work out on a farm
hauling a load or pulling a big load are not that impressed with them when it comes to MPG and or pulling. So if Ford is
going to put them in a F-250 or F-350 it better have some jump or Chevy or Ram will eat there lunch.
Doug

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I'm glad I got my '15. I'll be glad to observe this new generation truck for a few years before getting one. I love Ford's willingness to innovate. The way I see it, could be a slam dunk or a flop. Time will tell. Not sure about the eco-boost in the SD. It seems the line between F-150 and F-250 is so small they could just eliminate the 250. Get a small diesel option for the 150 to fill in the gap.

Ziefer92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The people that I talk to who use there 3.5 L EcoBoost engine trucks like a truck and want them to work out on a farm
hauling a load or pulling a big load are not that impressed with them when it comes to MPG and or pulling. So if Ford is
going to put them in a F-250 or F-350 it better have some jump or Chevy or Ram will eat there lunch.
Doug

Talked to a guy sometime last year too about his 3.5L ecoboost and he's not very impressed of lack of power. Hope ford do better application of this technology.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't see the 3.5 EcoBoost in a Super Duty. If they want an EcoBoost in a SuperDuty, they should convert a 5.0 or 6.2 V8. They've got both 4 cylinder and V-6 ecoboosts, so why not a V8? Just my 2 cents.

BW250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had a 2012 150 with ecoboot. Loved the torque and power. Towed my boat great. Mileage wasn't good at all. Had several mechanical issues prior to 10k miles
Some love it others hate it. I was in between. It reminds me a lot of my power stroke but it couldn't power an sd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
love my eco boost
19 plus as 75 mph on non ethanol fuel....not bad for a 6k truck
pulling the trailer mpg drops off to 13-15
i imagine the rear center mount stop light will house a camera for hooking up the gooseneck or fiver
adaptive cruise
blis
better seats with massage
360 cameras like in the new 150...i have tested these now no less than 15 times in recent weeks....WOW
air ride rear would be great for the 350 and 450

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son loves his EcoBoost. He is actually on his second one. Bought a 2012 XLT in 2013 with 2500 miles (guy traded it for a Dodge Cummins), then late last year he found a 2013 Lariat for a lot less than a new one and traded. The 2012 pulled a 16 ft. trailer with our Ford 2N and bush hog with no problems (of course the load wasn't heavy enough to put much of a strain on it). When I get another F-150, hopefully it will be an EcoBoost too.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
scary thing is the heavy duty tow max 150 and the basic 250 overlap with towing and weight carrying...
but a 150 frame for long term heavy towing i think will result in unhappy campers...
bigger brakes and stability are golden.
saw a new 250 super cab short box while at the dealer today with my broken sunroof...
it was whimpy looking....on top....but the frame is all business

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr