Help Needed Trailer Disconnected Warning & Annoying Beep

amandaville

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just drove 2000 miles with a trailer and had no problems at all. As soon as I disconnected the trailer, I started getting a trailer disconnected warning message on the dash along with an annoying beep. I'm now 500 miles into the 2000 mile journey back without a trailer and this message and beep happens anywhere between 10 and 50 times per hour. It's driving me crazy! I've turned the truck off and restarted it many times with no change. I tried figuring out which fuse controls the integrated brake controller but I don't have the owners manual with me.

Does anyone have an idea of a fix or even which fuse I can remove to make it stop until I can get it fixed?

2006 F250 6.0 w/ integrated brake controller

Thanks!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too familiar with the 06 stuff but:

Try adjusting the Brake Gain control to zero ?

In the towing apps.. if it has a Reset feature.. Reset it ?

Stop at a Ford dealer and ask them which fuse to pull ?

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off Welcome to SDD.com, glad to have you. I have a 2006 F350 6.0 w/ integrated brake controller and pull my
fifth wheel all the time and never seen or heard that one before. Hope you can find out soon, that would drive me nuts.
Doug

Ziefer92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also got '06 F250 6.0 and never had that problem, please share when you figured it out.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I had problems like that with the beeping. Every time I hit the brakes with a trailer on and once in a while it acted up with random beeps. Replaced brake controler. Problem solved

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW ? Seems there was some issues with the Integrated Brake Controllers when Ford first introduced them (?), and as they went forward with them. Might wana check for TSB's on this ??

Joe

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first batch of 2005's had lots of issues, and if you were using your truck to pull a hot shot trailer, it wouldn't pass a DOT inspecting because
they wouldn't lock up under 15 MPH. They fixed it on the 2006 and only replaced the 2005 one's if you took it in. Good luck.
Doug

bytor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think I picked up my 2005 6.0 in April that year but never came across this issue. I only had 32k on it when I got my 09 and still no issue. Low miles because I took the bus to work.

jsum24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My old truck was an 06 F350 and it did exactly what you described. Had brake controller replaced and that solved the problem for about a year and a half or so. Then it started again.....

That time replaced the truck.