00 7.3 throttle

Jdark6

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 00 7.3 4x4 auto it will start and drive fine for a few miles then from a complete stop it hesitates like it's not receiving signal or a slow signal from the tps. The rpms will climb slowly until about 1500 then it will pick up and run fine until I come to a complete stop again if I feather the throttle to soon it will die but will immediately restart. I have replaced the fuel filter and the tps today with no change any help would be appreciated.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CPS maybe ?? They can do Straange things.... as they go south.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to check it besides just changing it? There is no cel

Not really. CPS's won't normally set a CEL & code.. until they fail.

Get one from IH.. they're cheaper ?

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with oriellys they are 25 I'm just going to replace it and rule it out. Thanks

;tu

Get back to us.. if that's the fix ?

If you've spent any time "surf'n" here on SDD... 7.3's and the CPS... is/was a Major PIA... 'til Ford/IH finally did a Recall/Replacement program. If yer on the OEM CPS.. yer Dang lucky you made it this far ????

Joe

Jdark6

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I changed the cps today and no difference I'm about to pull my hair out any more ideas?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Due to the wreck.. you might wana check all the rear area wiring.. mainly the VSS on the punk'n. Maybe a "DUH" to ya but the VSS sends a lot of data to a a lot of things engine/drivetrain wise. And give Everything under the hood a good wiggle check for good, clean connections.

Do you have a scanner ? or get it scanned to check for codes ?

Joe

Jdark6

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't replied the truck has been back at the paint shop getting finished. Picking it up tomorrow I checked the vss it appeared to be ok it's not broken and the connector looks good. My speedo is working correctly i had a buddy parting one out so I went and got a idm, pedal assembly, injector harness and Icp so probably Wednesday morning I'm going the start swapping parts to see if I can figure it out. Yes I do have a scan tool but it is virtually useless on this vehicle. But I'm not getting any codes. I do have a battery light on but the alt is putting out 13.5 volts I'm replacing it anyway just waiting on it to come in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64