Truck loses power

ddkrueger

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 F-450. While driving at highway speeds all of a sudden I will feel a sudden jerk as if I took my foot off the accelerator even though the engine is still running. The truck slows down and acts as if the transmission has disengaged. When I put the truck in neutral, turn off the ignition and restart, everything works ok until it happens again. Does not seem to matter if I'm using cruise or not, or whether I'm pulling or not. When I'm traveling on the interstate and this happens, it gets a little scary.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the rpms climbing or dropping when this happens?

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford needs to know about this. Have it Scanned.. to see what's going on here.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know whats doing this but it was talked about on one of the RV Forum's I am on and Ford does know about it but nothing has been done about it yet.
Doug

stephen.crews

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my 2015 F250. Usually happens going up an incline around 50-55 mph. Truck will lose power and start shuddering. Ford keeps saying that they cannot duplicate the problem.

bytor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The description of shuddering would describe what I have experienced. But I have a 6.4. I’ve replicated it several times. If I’ve slowed to about 45mph and the torque converter is still engaged and its still in 5th gear, if I then accelerated slightly/moderately and stay in 5th, that engine will sputter and the whole truck will start to jerk. This only happens while in 5th. If at that speed and it shifts to 4th, I’m fine. At that slow speed in 5th gear, the rpms are probably under 1300 and I wonder if that ECU/transmission just are not well coded for that combination.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track