operator command regeneration

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've built an F-350 on the Ford website and see an option for the operator command regeneration for $250. I know what it is, but is the advantage worth the cost? Or should I not select it and save $250?

Todd

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like it's for the XL and the XLT's only, so it must be standard on the upper priced trucks. It's lets you regen the truck
setting in your drive way from what I know about it. Maybe Big Joe or one of the others that have a 2011 and newer tell you
about it.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.... I have it on my 012.. but have Never felt the >need< to command it. I run a jug of Power Service in every tank... mine Very Seldom ever does a regen.
Yer call Todd, probably depends on how you use yul use the F-350... Idling time, traffic conditions, towing/hauling ?

Joe

outbacker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! My primary use for this truck will be for towing our 8200 pound travel trailer a handful number of times per year, and for what little around the town driving I do. It'll spend most of it's time in my garage.

Todd

Coleman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2014 xlt, and it is on there, but it is not commanded by the operator,more so the truck,if it gets to that point. I have 11 000 km's on my now and it hasn,t come up. Under most driving conditions it will regen on it's own.

Jefe201

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2015 350 on a dealer trade and it has the Manual Regen option. I was hoping that when driving you could hit a switch and start regen when the conditions were right, but it doesn't work that way. Has to be parked to do it, so in my opinion, waste of $250

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
not a 6.7 but my 8.3 ISC in the bus, has a manual or operator control to force a regeneration of the DPF.
the book states under NORMAL operation in the RV the load is enough to generate sufficient heat to keep the dpf clean within back-pressure specifications
that being said, the super duty running around LIGHT if you will, may need an automatic or operator set regen based on, on board ecm info.
my 8.3 has only performed one regen that i can remember over since i bought it in 2009,
so the take away.....is let her work and she should stay clean.....
i use the same additive big joe uses plus one dose of anti bacterial growth once a year.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not a 6.7 but my 8.3 ISC in the bus, has a manual or operator control to force a regeneration of the DPF.
the book states under NORMAL operation in the RV the load is enough to generate sufficient heat to keep the dpf clean within back-pressure specifications
that being said, the super duty running around LIGHT if you will, may need an automatic or operator set regen based on, on board ecm info.
my 8.3 has only performed one regen that i can remember over since i bought it in 2009,
so the take away.....is let her work and she should stay clean.....
i use the same additive big joe uses plus one dose of anti bacterial growth once a year.

X2 on PB's thinking......;tu ;tu

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr