Question Computer malfunction effecting Transmision

swampthing32

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck rear wheels would lock up when shifting from low to second gear . truck set for a couple of months with batteries out . when i reinstalled them and started the truck i drove it 100 yrds then i had no drive but reverse works. parked truck waited about an hour started it back up truck will drive in reverse and 1st and 2nd gear when it shifts from 2nd to third in shifts up then back down. is this a computer program problem. would reflashing help this

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What truck are you referring to? Year, model and engine would help. If you add this to your signature, then we would not have to keep asking. Go to My Profile at the right top blue line.

Dave :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to get it scanned to see what codes come up. T-0XYZ codes relate to the tranny and P-0XYZ codes relate to the PCM (main computer). Any good mechanic can scan it for you.

Dave

swampthing32

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Truck scanned no codes on Eng or Trans . truck was even driven with scanner on it still nothing. is there any data on the valve body sticking and causes the trans to try to shift into 2 gears at one time

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I guess the only thing left I can think of is to take it to a tranny shop. Good Luck swamp.

Dave

bandit

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Any updates on this? My truck is doing the same thing, but after getting new tires. I have an SCT tuner adjusting for my current tire size of 265/70r17, but I had no problems with my old tires. New ones are the same size. I checked my wheel speed sensors to see if one came unplugged. It feels like the ABS is locking the rear tires up when I try to drive forward. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
*** my truck is an 05 F-350 DRW 6.0L crew cab, long bed***

swampthing32

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The fix for my problem was a transmission replacement, try to drive truck as soon as it shifts to second it would lockup the rear wheels. Internal failure. Good luck reman trans was $ 3000.00 an that was me putting it in my self. My replacement didn't last but 12 months. So check out the vender you use. They gave me a hard time about warranty.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After many years on SDD.. A BTS tranny I the way to go. You pay for what you get.. but yul only pay Once.. and be done with FORD Auto Transmission problems.

Jus' say'n.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr