Air Conditioning on 6.0 E350

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We purchased a new to us 2005 E350 Extended van has a 6.0 in it.

I've got a leak somewhere in the AC system -- tried charging but immediately discharged. I'm sure there's a huge leak, but not sure at this point where it might be.

Does anyone have a diagram of the entire AC system for a van? Not having good look finding this anywhere.

thanks fellas..

Last edited:

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD.com, glad to have you here, someone should be by soon that will be able to help you some.
Doug

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well -- I've got a small update to my request -- started dis-assembly, and found the condenser is (at least one) culprit. Trying to remove it -- got the two bolts holding it to the intercooler, the ones holding the fittings on the pass side, but can't seem to get it to pull up. It appears to me that there's a bracket at the bottom of the intercooler with pins facing down that hooks into small brackets that fit on the lower corners of the condenser. According to the limited data I've found online, it says just remove the condenser...but I don't want to break anything.

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd put an update out here for later --

Compressor was shot -- huge hole in side... Requires replacement of compressor, condenser, expansion valve, orifice and complete flush. Shop quoted $2200 to fix. I'll be able to fix the whole thing under $1000...

I ordered the factory service manual from HELM -- best thing I ever did. Made the job step by step and could have finished in a few hours if I'd have had all of the parts on hand. $180 bucks for this manual, but after having it, I'd drop that much again in a heartbeat.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear taht you now have some cool air, it's getting out outside.
Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58