Help!!!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guts truck runs great but in the morning when I start up it starts chugging and pump out black smoke for about a minute then clears up. What do you think?? No code as of today 4/30. I'm thinking injector or two.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Stiction? How many miles and what type of oil? How many miles in the truck/engine/injectors? Also, try plugging in the block heater and see if it does it tomorrow. Mine if I need to change oil and am starting to get a bit of Stiction, if I plug it in, it will not chug and be down on power. If I don't plug it in, after a minute or two with mine, when there starts to get some heat in the heads, the chug goes away........

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What kind of oil and the weight? I run 5W 40, Rotella, year round (we get cold and hot) and mine does not chug or blow black smoke.

Dave

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running 15/40
But I did get codes to day. There was 10 but what got me was the p0611 this is a FICM code I think. The other code was a pickup code for timing. The other 8 were wire harness shorts to injectors all 8 cyl

Last edited:

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you may have a FICM on the way out. Mine was right at 115K when the FICM bit the dust. I used http://www.ficmfixer.com/ the have mine replaced. There is also a testing procedure on that site that tells you the health of the FICM. It was much less than a "half shell" from Ford........ it was about a week turn around, from the time I dropped it off to the big brown truck till it showed back up on my doorstep........

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up ordering a new ficm with a PHP atlas 40hp upgrade with a new ficm relay from FICMrepair.com spent about 20min with them. Great guys to talk too. Will be here tomorrow.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my new FICM today should have been here Monday but it ended up in VA for some reason.(got to love Snell mail) Had a little fight with the girl at ficmrepair.com on getting them to ship another to me they both showed up today. But the young lady on the phone was a real pain in the ***** to deal with, very negative audited on trying to fixing problems in shipping.
One of those "I'll see what I can do kind of things" Not sorry sur "let me get another shipped out asap to you". With a happy face. When I called and said I have both units. I'll ship it out today the response I got from her was and I quote "I'll be glad when this is over". I held my tongue but I was ready to tell her were in hell she could go with a address.
I happy with the FICM not with the service help.

My truck run great

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58