What would you do?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I ordered my 2004 F350 about this time of year. You will have the longest summer of your life...

Dave :)

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Bummer ! But it'll be worth the wait.

I felt REAL lucky to find this 2012, in 2013 with the exact [functional] options I was after.. REAL lucky. It's not as easy as some think.. if your picky about what you want.. and don't want.

Joe

BIG JOE, I am kinda picky, so it's best I order what I want. For instance, I don't want the navigation. They make GPS units especially made for RV's with lifetime updates. The Ford navigation costs $100.00 to update. The RV GPS units have lifetime free updates. I also didn't want the moon roof. I have one now and never use it. I didn't get 4 wheel drive and wonder if I should have. I've never needed 4 wheel drive before. Will I be sorry one day!? I dunno! So anyway, I'm going to get exactly what I want! :)

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, I found out that my new truck will start being built on June 5th and deliver to my dealer the week of June 16th. That day will be here before I know it!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I found out that my new truck will start being built on June 5th and deliver to my dealer the week of June 16th. That day will be here before I know it!

;tu Glad to hear you've got a build date ! :clap:

Kinda like Dave said tho.. This'l probably be the Loooongest 3-4 weeks of your life (?)..:);)

Aside from the functional drivetrain/towing options I absolutely wanted, and got.. my in 013, left-over 012.. had the "Ultimate Lariat package".. so I ended up with lot of the Creature Comfort stuff. Some of it I will probably never use.. but they are there.. should sell, or trade it ?? Those "Option Packages" kinda getcha.. No variations. But for the bottom line deal & price ? It was ALL GOOD... in the end, I think that's what we're all after ?

Good you got JUST what you wanted ;tu;tu

Joe

Last edited:

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, the long wait is almost over! Whoo Hoo! I pick her up on Tuesday. :)
Could have been sooner, but the spoiler plastic thingy under the front bumper was damaged coming off the transfer truck and they had to order it in.

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Post pics of that beast when you git it!

Well Stroked, I got her yesterday, but no time for pics. Working 12 hour days. :( Maybe this weekend I can get some pics. Let me say, that is one sweet truck! My 2011 only has 21,500 miles on it, but this 2015 feels stronger and smoother. I'm happy! I like the continuous up on the window. I work where I have to stop for a security guard and show identification. One push sends the window down and one pull up on the switch brings it up. I can't wait to try the exhaust brake coming off a hill or better yet, a mountain! Yeah right, we don't have no stinkin' mountains here in SE Georgia! The jury is still out on the touch screen for heated and cooled seats. On the 2011, there were real switches. On the 2015, they are virtual switches on the touch screen. Today, since the truck was hot and it was about 88 degrees outside, I wanted my seat cooled. Except, I hit the heat part of the screen and wondered why it was so hot and getting hotter! LOL!
I'll post up some pics soon!

JoeCamper

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well guys, I got my new F-350 about 2 weeks ago. However, I've been too busy to take pics and post them. We've sold our house and are currently moving into our 5th wheel RV. We also are trying to get everything out of our house before the closing on Monday the 21st. I retire on the last day of July, so I'll soon have time to post pics.
Let me just say this for now, the 2015 is better! My 2011 only had about 23,000 miles, but the 2015 feels stronger, smoother and seems to ride better. I've only got about 540 miles on her, but that's enough to tow. Later today, I'll be towing our 5er to our local KOA campground where we will live for the next month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track