Teip to Texas

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I heard from them last night. They blew a tire near Waco and that set them back the cost of two new tires(?) and an hour and half. I am glad I am not making that trip.

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of tires going bad I had one of my Michelins with 35k turn loose on my truck this past week. Had to buy two new tires and they were $$$$$$.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Speaking of tires going bad I had one of my Michelins with 35k turn loose on my truck this past week. Had to buy two new tires and they were $$$$$$.

It does not help that you are on the road and don't know where to go to get a bit of a deal.

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All tires have gone up and away more than I can afford, but have to buy them any ways. Six years ago I bought 4 16 inch
tires for my fifth-wheel and paid $480.00 Balanced and out the door. Last Oct I called around and the best deal I could
get Balanced and out the door was $1020.00 Cash money. My Hitch Hiker has to have 14 ply tires.
Doug

Last edited:

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm northeast of Dallas and we finally have gone two days in a row with sunshine and no rain. Mowed a small part of my 1 acre yesterday so the place wouldn't look abandoned. Belts are messed up on the rider and the 2N is down so the self propelled is the only mower for me right now Gives me plenty of exercise which I need.

Here are some facts about the recent rainfall:

1. 35,000,000,000,000 gallons of water, enough to cover all of Texas 8 inches deep.

2. Enough water to fill 200 California's largest surface reservoirs 3 times to capacity.

3. Enough water to supply the world's population 10,000 days of water if everyone drank 8 - 8 ounce glasses a day.

4. Enough to cover the entire island of Manhattan 4 times.

Our "official" rainfall (recorded at DFW Airport) reached 16.95 inches in May, the 3rd wettest month in history, coming within .02 inches of the 2nd wettest month in April 1942. The wettest month in this area was in April 1922 with 17.64 inches.

I'm ready for a break. With our luck, we could go from "feast" to "famine" as far as rainfall goes. In June 2000, I got 12 inches, then hardly anything until September.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You guys are really going from Feast - to - Famine. That is a lot of water! Wish we had some...

Dave

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score

Arggggg.........lost another tire to a broken belt yesterday on the same highway and in the same town as the first one. Two tires....two months apart with less than 36k on them.

Anyone else having problems? These things are too expensive for this to be happening.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No Michelins here T, but I'd get ahold of them. I went thru the GoodYear Marathon trailer tire thing once... GoodYear replaced all 5 tires.. at no cost to me. Turns out they were defective. (in design)

Worth a Shot ??

Joe

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope they have some sort of warranty, that seems ridiculous. I run them on my truck and have been happy but I fear looking at their replacement cost after 4years!

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rich you better start a saving acc for them truck tires. 17, 18 or 19 It's unreal what they cost, and getting good ones these days is crap shoot.
I put USA made Toyo's on my truck this time. Sure hope they hold up.

Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr