Oil pan issues..

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
someone refresh my memory..
There is a way to replace the oil pan on a 7.3 without putting the engine..

but I canna'e remember it..

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes you can John. You can jack the engine up as high (loosen the engine mounts) as you can get it and it will come out.

Dave ;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
have to unbolt the oil pump pickup.

that's the part I was missing..

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
it's Pantazis' truck..
he sandblasted it then coated it with some epoxy stuff, and hooked a shop vac to the oil filler to pull negative pressure while it cured..
I haven't talked to him in about a week, so I can't tell you how it turned out..

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could change the oil pan gasket also! Mine is marking her territory a little to much lately. Any write up on this?

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
it's Pantazis' truck..
he sandblasted it then coated it with some epoxy stuff, and hooked a shop vac to the oil filler to pull negative pressure while it cured..
I haven't talked to him in about a week, so I can't tell you how it turned out..

That's wild....... :wow

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could change the oil pan gasket also! Mine is marking her territory a little to much lately. Any write up on this?

There is no gasket.its sealed with high pressure grey rtv.there is an aftermarket gasket made by moroso for them now but its a hundred bux.are you sure its not the dipstick adapter,rear main or something up top?

For rusted pans there is a thing called a diaper for it.its a fiberglass shell that you glue to the pan.ive heard that it works very well when done right but i wouldnt trust it.the rusting/rotting steel is still gonna rustand the only place for the chunks,dust and crap have to go is inside the pan to be sucked up by the oil pump.

Ive got a 97 here to put a pan on.my only option is to pull the motor.if you can weld,you can cut the center of the crossmember out,swap the pan and weld the piece back in.i wont opt for cutting the crossmember since im getting 800.00 for the job

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I checked and she is leaking diesel from the drain valve. I will also check the dipstick adapter just to see if it needs any attention. Thanks 94f450sd!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64