B-10

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Minnesota now mandates B-10 at all pumps. I guess its good for lubeing up injectors but sure messes mileage up. I don't know what new truck warranty states for max Bio but my 2006 was B-5. Hopefully nobody has an issue and has to fight the state, dealers, and Bio producers

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know the 6.7 can run B-20 (even says that on the door badge). I did some searching and I don't see any bio information on the 6.4 and earlier on the web, or the official documentation including the Diesel Owners manual, or the 6.0 Bible. I have heard the 6.0 can run on B-20, but I can't confirm that.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I ran something like B-80 a few years ago. After I cleaned the fuel filters it ran great, during summer. It costs more and has a little less power, but it sure quieted the diesel down. Up here there is a local guy who makes Bio-diesel but he wants too much for me to run it.

Dave :dunno

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I have run B-20 and I agree it is quieter but lose power and mileage. When minnesota first started adding bio a number of years ago it was b2 then b5 and they had trouble with bio made from animal fats. They have it figured out now and we make millions of gallons a year from soybeans and fat.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have run B99 in the 6.0 with out any problems other then having to change the fuel filters.

f100cleveland

Reaction score
I don't like the idea of having to run the B-10 with no option to be able to use straight diesel. I have found out they are getting by blending up to 20% bio. My mileage has gone downhill by 2-3mpg on my truck and my son's VW diesel went from 49 to 39mpg. The 2 trips I took to Arkansas this year saw big gains in mileage as I fueled up with southern fuel. I'm all for clean air but now studys show bio may be dirtier. We are also mandated to use an ethanol blend that reduces mileage. Just my 2cents

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The local Bio maker has closed down this processing plant, here in Ukiah. He could not make any $$$ in our limited market. It was a garage type "plant" with garbage and waste all over.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's Posts~Threads like this thru the years that has kept me from running Anything "B" in my dezel [yet].:dunno

Joe

Last edited:

f100cleveland

Reaction score
My son just got a letter from VW about their diesel car. Their warranty isn't good for anything over B-5 but since it a state mandated fuel they will stand behind it. They said unburned bio can get in oil causing oil level to rise to unsafe level. We have seen that in his cummins. They also mentioned B-20 at pumps. They said to try to buy straight diesel but thats impossible around here. Sounds like they must be seeing issues with bio. What happens when you travel through Minnesota then get home and have problems only to have them test fuel and your over B-5.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64