Question Water in Fuel light

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How much water in the fuel must there be to trip the WIF light on a 6.0? My WIF light keeps coming and going. I have replaced the fuel filter, and drained the HFCM again after the filter change. I it taking longer to come back on, but it comes back. I don't see any water in what I have drained. I have also put White Bottle power service, and also so 911 power service I had. Could this be an actual water issue, or some other issue. This all started after a big temp swing over a few days, like 50,20,50,20 swing....... The truck is running fine, no loss of power, and no other lights but the WIF.....

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You likely need to replace the whole side cover of the HFCM. The sell the cover all seals and new wif sensor. Once you pull it off you will see it is all corroded in there with a bunch of trash, clean it out and put a new cover on. This can be done in vehicle easy if you don't have 4x4.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, thank you, I will into that. And fo course, I have a 4x4.......

I may have just been water this time, after some fresh fuel and some diesel treatment, the light has cleared.........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr