Brake leak

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I have a leak that is dripping off the rear end. I thought the seal was bad and went to add fluid to the rear end but the rear end was full. I went and looked under the hood and it was about an inch low in the brake fluid res. any suggestions? 03 250 how much was your repair? I also saw that my muffler or what ever it is on my exhaust is wet also. Is this related to a brake leak? Thanks in advance guys!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Brake fluid leaks usually can be felt in the brake pedal. Have you looked at all 4 backing plates for leaks? The fluid leaks where there are seals. My guess would be a wheel brake cylinder.

Dave :coffee

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
I dont know much about the brakes. Would leaks in these parts drip down the center of the hogs head? The leak made me think the rear end seal was going bad. Im not sure where the backing plates, seals, or wheel brake cylinder are. I guess google is in my future. Thanks for the push in the right direction DaveBen!

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could it be the axle vent leaking????? That comes out of the top of the pumpkin....... might just have a cracked vent line, or it popped out......

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58