New super duty

J.Vallandingham

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Been away from the forum for a few years. I had a 2009 w/6.4 but traded it in 2013 because I could no longer justify the operating costs, as a daily driver. Now we have a large travel trailer and wish I had the Super Duty back. Contemplating buying a "tow vehicle". I was fortunate that my 6.4 was very reliable for the 65K miles I owned it. Has Ford fixed the charge air cooler, radiator, egr cooler, egr valve, dpf regen issues that seemed rampant in the 6.4s with the 6.7? I like the hp, torque and mileage numbers I am reading about the new trucks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The 6.7 is a totally new engine by Ford. It shares almost nothing with the 6.4 (International). :thumbs

Dave

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of ones on here have the new 6.7 and never heard anything bad out of them, lots of RV pullers.
Glad to have you back.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of ones on here have the new 6.7 and never heard anything bad out of them, lots of RV pullers.
Glad to have you back.
Doug

Me being one of them. Two years, 25K.. 15K of that pulling a 5r.. NOT ONE PROBLEM. FORD did their Homework on the 6.7.. and it's drive-train.

The Whole Dang Truck.. for that matter.

Joe

C130H

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a 2011 F-250, first year of the 6.7. I just traded it in on a 2015 F-450 last week. The F-250 had 72,000 miles on it and I never had one issue. I'm hoping this new truck is just as problem free.

Jefe201

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got my second 6.7. Should have purchased a 350 from the beginning as I overestimated the 250 capacity. Like the engine, powerful, quiet, and I think the mileage is good for a truck this heavy. Only have 900+/- on the new one and just took a drive the Phoenix. About 600 miles 300 freeway at 75, 200 city stop and go, and the remainder two lane at 55/65 depending on limit. One partial regen (I had to stop to drop Grandson off at football practice) and the mileage at 17.8. (according to the display which I found out to be pretty close albeit a little low on my 250) Love the truck, except the manual regen isn't really what I thought it would be.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Your mileage will go up as you rack up the miles. The truck will not be broken in until something like 15,000 miles. You got time to watch the mileage go up.

Dave ;tu

C130H

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just got my second 6.7. Should have purchased a 350 from the beginning as I overestimated the 250 capacity.

I've told several friends this, after making the same mistake, to not even consider the F250. I really see no reason for an F250 if you tow anything decent as the F350 can be bought for about the same price. I recently had this discussion with a coworker moving from an almost new motor home to a 5th wheel, probably a toy hauler. Now, I think he's figuring out the F250 is overloaded with most any 5th wheel toy hauler.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've told several friends this, after making the same mistake, to not even consider the F250. I really see no reason for an F250 if you tow anything decent as the F350 can be bought for about the same price. I recently had this discussion with a coworker moving from an almost new motor home to a 5th wheel, probably a toy hauler. Now, I think he's figuring out the F250 is overloaded with most any 5th wheel toy hauler.

Totally agree.

If your going to tow or carry anything near or over 10K [gross laden weight]... a 350/450 (3500 for GM & Dodge) is, for safety sake.. the way to go. The only decision after that is... SRW or DRW.

That's always my .02, to anyone who asks for my opinion, if their thinking about buying Pick-up, New or Used... to Tow or Carry stuff.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track