Been away for awhile, here's what's been happening

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Haven't posted here in quite awhile...lots of health issues including kidney failure have kept me off the net and off the amateur radio. Off dialysis now and on the mend. Cannot say the same for my late lamented "Blue Beast".

I was driving up the mountain road to my house last month when I was sideswiped by a car coming down the hill. The car went under the truck, struck the axle and sheared it from the frame. Bent the driveshaft, broke the transmission mount and generally totaled the truck. Sigh. See the picture.

Found a replacement after a month's search and looking over five states. I now own a 2008 F-250 Lariat. I pick it up in Rockport, Indiana next week.

Attachments

• IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    903 KB · Views: 23
  • 225c1568839e4ab28cedc6cfa1db3ab2.jpg
    225c1568839e4ab28cedc6cfa1db3ab2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 22

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dog gone Richard, hate to hear all of that. Hope your doing better now, are you still living in the RV full time now?
Don't be so long in getting back on here.
Doug

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Good to see you, Richard..
Congrats on the new truck; However I'm not real crazy about the way you went about it..

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Good to hear you are still kickin Ray.
Hope things keep getting better for you :sweet

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The wife and I were able to get a beautiful home on Monteagle Mountain overlooking I-24. Right now my twenty year old Jayco fifth-wheel, which we full timed in for a half a year, is undergoing a major rebuild with the help and supervision of my high school buddy Michael. He heard how sick I was and has been here with us for three months now, slaying my "honey-do" list and taking the lead in removing the entire roof structure from the fiver. Twenty years of Southern sun and rain took their toll. That is the main project now, being without a truck is making it hard to get things like big sheets of plywood and other lumber. Looking forward to taking delivery of the new truck.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Ray been run through the mill there. Sorry about your truck and camper. I'm up in Knoxville looking for land and a house or a place to park the RV. Just rebuilt my RV too. new walls and a new roof. Good luck with the new truck.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu REAL good to hear from you Ray ! Tuff times lately but you & yours pulled through it all.. glad to hear that too !!

Joe

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Wow Ray been run through the mill there. Sorry about your truck and camper. I'm up in Knoxville looking for land and a house or a place to park the RV. Just rebuilt my RV too. new walls and a new roof. Good luck with the new truck.
Ah, another Florida refugee! You'll be in good company here. When you get settled in drop me a PM. We can grab an adult beverage and some barbecue.

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the new truck....!!!

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your health and your truck. Glad you're getting some new wheels soon. I know you'll be glad to get the RV finished to where you can use it again. Glad you've got a good friend to help you. I know that means a lot.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64