No start???

97 CREWCAB

OBS RULES!
Reaction score
Here's what happened. Started Friday replacing the steel fuel lines up the left side of motor. Got it all back together and it ran for about 10 seconds and quit. Figured it was jus the bowl being empty. Cranked on it more and nothing. Only things I took off were 2 plugs on filter housing, first injector plug, sensor on hpop, wire to ICP and also had to remove ICP. I didn't disconnect harness from bulkhead on splash shield, Just pulled it up enough to feed lines thru. On Saturday, I changed the ICP and it ran for about a minute and shut off. Pulled out NGS and got codes P1212,P1280 and P1283. One of the times I checked them and got P0344 but cam sensor fairly new. So I decided to put old ICP back in and tried and it fired. Shut it off and no start. Wiggled wires to ICP and to inj plug and it fired right up and ran. tried a few times and kept starting so I let it run for about an hour. Everything was fine and then I shut it off. Now back to no start. I pulled harness apart to check for broke wires and found nothing except where 2 of the wires from ICP joined 3 to 1. Took them apart and under shrink tube, looked like they were super glued together. Soldered both sets the way they should have been and still no start when I put back together. Still showing P1280 and P1283. Also P0603 and P0605 which im sure are from the 6pos chip. Short of seeing if I can still get a engine harness from Ford, What should I try next? New ICP again? I'm stumped!
Thanks for any help y'all can give!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr