Check Coolant Additive Warning.....

702GT

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I don't feel that is true Dave. I am on the s197forum and it is extremely active. I think JR hit the nail on the head though. These newer rigs are $40k-60k+ vehicles on average, with a crate motor price tag of almost $20k. Fooling around with that kind of money isn't an option for the majority. However, protecting that investment is probably where all the interest is. I know it's what I focus my reading on. Perhaps I will put up more debatable maintenance tech in the near future here, and kick some dust off this place.

Another thing to consider, as far as the 6.7 goes, is Ford did a smash up job on R&D. This motor is the result of learning from the 6.0/6.4 and even 7.3 failures and downfalls. Thus the 6.7 doesn't run into as many issues. I think the best thing about joining a forum is sharing information. I know when I was researching what diesel truck I wanted to buy, I didn't know **** about any of it. I managed to get a firm grasp on the SD here, so I made an account. I choose Ford because I'm a Ford guy and I support the company. (and they support my portfolio lol) But as far as engines go, the 6.7 may be their best production powerstroke yet, Cummins has the best idea of what a diesel should be. But that is a subject for another thread entirely. :)

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You make several good points. First your comment about this forum being about expensive trucks/engines is very true. These trucks and engines have been expensive since 2000 or a little before. I have been playing the truck game since 1972 and they ALL have been Ford F-250 or F-350 trucks and 4 X 4 to boot. I am a FORD man myself. I agree that the 6.7 is a very good engine and it is probably the BEST engine ever to go into a F-250/F-350. It will be interesting to see what others post on this matter. Come on bring it!!

Dave ;tu

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64