Project CRUMBY

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking good, have you ever used that winch, 12,000 should be big enough to get the job done.
Doug

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Looking good, have you ever used that winch, 12,000 should be big enough to get the job done.
Doug
Haven't used it yet as I just mounted it. I did drag the Explorer across the driveway to pre-stretch the synthetic line and it didn't even grunt.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing cheap about our old buddy Crumm, he's first class all the way, trucks always looking good.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Haven't used it yet as I just mounted it. I did drag the Explorer across the driveway to pre-stretch the synthetic line and it didn't even grunt.

Do you have anything to say about the synthetic 'cable'? Do you see it as being better than the steel cable. I know it will be a lot more user friendly in manually pulling the cable.

Dave :dunno

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Do you have anything to say about the synthetic 'cable'? Do you see it as being better than the steel cable I know it will be a lot more user friendly in manually pulling the cable.

Dave :dunno

I have been using the synthetic on my four wheelers, boat and side-by-side for several years now and it has worked well for me. Do a google search for "synthetic line vs steel cable" and you will find some good reading on the pros and cons. I personally like the synthetic but in some applications the steel cable is better.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Crumm. That is what I was looking for. I had a warn winch on a Jeep and I would get cut when pulling the cable in or out. Seems to be strong enough for its purpose.

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64