Engine / Tranny Mounts

treadwheeler

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
In gear, drive or reverse, initial acceleration after releasing the brake it feels like something moves / shifts before the truck accelerates. Not really a noticeable noise (tech asked me if I hear a thud or clunk) just something I feel, that was not there a few months ago. I checked U joints and they appear to be good. Really feels like a mount - nothing slipping.
2011 F350 4x4 crew cab long bed 85K miles

Anyone else have this problem or heard of a problem with motor mounts or tranny mounts.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD. Hope someone will be along to help you out. I drive an old 2006 and never heard of that before.
Doug

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I remember someone who had the same complaint and it was the driveshaft slip joint. Grease it up good and see what happens. Make sure you "phase" the u joints. That is mark the driveshaft and put it together EXACTLY the same way as it came apart or you will have vibrations.

Dave :coffee

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question.... is the slip joint enclosed in the rubber boot?

Yes.
When you remove the boot clamps... as you pull the rear drive shaft back.. the slip joint splines will come out of the collar.

Joe

There are NO stupid questions here on SDD. We are ALL here to learn & share.. from the New Guyz.. to the Ol' guyz (Like Me ?)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64