Check Coolant Additive Message

nebblkshrt

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone have check engine light come on with code p1249. My sons 012 super duty came on did a lot of research and found that the tubing on the waste gate is junk replaced it with rubber tubing and cleared the code has not come back on since.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the notification this weekend. Naturally my dealer wants me to book a full appointment to get it checked out. I'm assuming they're going to tell me I need the full flush. I have just under 15K on the truck.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
They will update the software while you are there. Ford did mine on a recall and the 'new' software limited my boost to 30# when I had gotten 35# before. I have never gone back for anything that will 'update' my software.

Dave

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got the notification this weekend. Naturally my dealer wants me to book a full appointment to get it checked out. I'm assuming they're going to tell me I need the full flush. I have just under 15K on the truck.

Jus' get some test strips and test it yourself (?). Then go into yer apps and poke the Coolant Check reset.

@ 40+K, mine has signaled me twice... Dealer checked it Once (free), I tested it the second time.. Both times.. everything was Okay.

Joe

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will update the software while you are there. Ford did mine on a recall and the 'new' software limited my boost to 30# when I had gotten 35# before. I have never gone back for anything that will 'update' my software.

Dave
What update would they do? I only see about 28 psi right now

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jus' get some test strips and test it yourself (?). Then go into yer apps and poke the Coolant Check reset.

@ 40+K, mine has signaled me twice... Dealer checked it Once (free), I tested it the second time.. Both times.. everything was Okay.

Joe
Do you happen to have the number for the correct strips?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I don't, offhand. I got mine at NAPA. They're easy to find and identify buy make.

Any one of the other parts houses should have them too ?

Anyone else on here happen to have the PN ????

Joe

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I have no knowledge of the 6.7 so I can't answer your comment. Different engines require different programming.

Dave

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand the different engine families need different programming, but I haven't seen anything needing updates. That's why I asked. And the truck has been at the dealer for service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr