I've joined the BTS ranks today!

TheHammer69

PowerStroker
Reaction score
I originally posted this at TDS. I decided to share it here so this is the exact cut and past from my post there:

That's right, I installed my BTS today....Yep, my BTS valve body has replaced my Factory Tech Valve Body! What? You thought I was talking about installing a BTS Tranny? Yeah, that would be nice but it isn't in the money cards.

Now some of you may be like, "Huh? BTS makes a valvebody?" Well, sort of. The BTS valve body kit is basically a fully assembled and modified Transgo shift kit that features Brian's changes that Transgo wouldn't implement after he originally helped Transgo develop their kit. I got lucky and got mine from a certain vendor who was considering marketing them but unfortunately decided not to because of supply issues. I was meant to be a Guinea Pig as to see if a FTVB truck that had any shift flare issues could be fixed with a different valve body. Well I have to say, my 2-3 shift flare has done gone and disappeared on me. BTW, we originally tried to fix the shift flare with programming but it wasn't effective enough.

Another plus of the BTS kit is that it shifts softer when just cruising around and firms up to a snappy shift when in the Go-pedal. Unfortunately my FTVB tended to lack a softer shift cruising around. I used to not mind the firm FTVB shifts while cruising but they just started irritating me after some time. The installation was not any more difficult then a FTVB install. Basically just drop the FRONT accumulator valve body and just before you bolt in BTS's completely assembled accumulator valvebody, you install a small plate between the BTS valve body and the surface the valve body bolts to. It was really that simple. Everything came assembled and the plate was pre-drilled to for a 400 rwhp vehicle. I know I am not at 400 yet, but i WILL grow into it. If I ever exceed that, supposedly I can drop the valve body, remove the plate, call Brian for the information and drill a few holes larger in the plate for more horsepower rating and put it all back in. BTW, i originally was gonna have had one set-up for 300hp but the 400hp one became available so I got it instead.

Now if anybody wants one, there is always the possibility of sweet talking Brian into building you one but he is a hard one to get hold of sometimes and he was really slow getting them to the vendor who supplied it to me. I was told that Hypermax was selling the BTS valve bodies but you may have to sit down for this...wait, you're at your PC, you should already be sitting down...anyway, supposedly Hypermax has them and has added the typical Hypermax mark up to them, supposedly to the tune of $450.

Anyway, just thought I'd post this in case anybody was interested, since about the only valve body comparisons we see are the FTVB vs. the Sonnax kits. The funny thing is, I have two FTVB's in my garage, one brand new unused Diesel version and the one that I just took out that is set up the old fashioned lightning way from when there was only one type made by Factory Tech. I sent a message to Greg Evans asking which one he wants returned to him since he actually sent me the diesel one to replace the lighning one. Which ever one I'm left with will probably be found in the classifieds on this site in case anybody was interested.

Hammer

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
This is very interesting, but the price tag that is being hung on it is a bit steep IMHO.

TheHammer69

PowerStroker
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
This is very interesting, but the price tag that is being hung on it is a bit steep IMHO.

Yes, that Hypermax price is CRAZY! You can get it for at least half of that from Brian himself, except you have to deal with the hard part of getting hold of him and then getting him to build it for you, and then getting him to ship it. That is why my vendor decided NOT to continue with them, because Brian marches to a beat of a different drummer and is in no rush to get these out and yet the vendor had to deal with the few promised customers wanting the valve bodies. So, my real point of the post is that there is an alternative valve body out there and if you want one, you need to either fork up the bucks or learn to be very patient waiting for Brian to someday get around to building you one.

Hammer

Snowman269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have found the FTVB to shift harder in 2 of my friends trucks. I bought and they both liked mine, but theirs ended up being a little harsh on the 1-2 shift. Mine is perfect. I'm looking at funds and contemplating a full BTS this fall. Then the FTVB would end up in the wife's excursion. She likes it firm too. :sweet

This thread makes me wonder, "Is the BTS trans a softer shift than a stocker with the FTVB"?

TheHammer69

PowerStroker
Reaction score
Snowman269 said:
I have found the FTVB to shift harder in 2 of my friends trucks. I bought and they both liked mine, but theirs ended up being a little harsh on the 1-2 shift. Mine is perfect. I'm looking at funds and contemplating a full BTS this fall. Then the FTVB would end up in the wife's excursion. She likes it firm too. :sweet

This thread makes me wonder, "Is the BTS trans a softer shift than a stocker with the FTVB"?

The BTS shift kit shifts softer when just putting around. It firms up very nicely when in the Go-pedal. That is what is nice about it. It is only firm when it needs to be.

Hammer

Ggg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What year etc. is your truck? What is the part number for the BTS VB you used?

TheHammer69

PowerStroker
Reaction score
Ggg said:
What year etc. is your truck? What is the part number for the BTS VB you used?

I have a 2001. Part number???? We are not alking a manufacturer here. We are talking about BTS. As in Brian's Truck Shop in Arizona. He can build a valve body for you.

The rumor is that a bunch of people have called Brian after I made the BTS valve body posts in the forums and he may be considering building them on a larger scale and then possibly be available at my vendor for much cheaper then the Hypermax price. If anybody is interested in the BTS VB, call Brian at: 870-436-(FORD)3673 and tell him you want one.

Hammer

Ggg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
BTS in Arizona??? :D
I did call BTS in Arkansas, left a message but no reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64