Superduty pulling semi's

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I have been waiting for my opportunity to do that. I keep chains for all 4 wheels in the truck during winter. A couple of years ago I did see a SD tow truck helping a semi up the hill into Truckee.

Wingdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like fun. Never got to do that in a snow storm but I hooked up a strap to my old man's boom truck and towed it to the shop for repairs.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
I had the chance of pulling an empty water truck out of the mud once. The truck's passenger side drivers were in a little hole out of which the tires could not grab enough to get them out of it. This was a day cab with a tanker trailer - empty.

I didn't want to break anything on my 03 though. What's the most you guys have pulled out of a ditch? weightwise.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Well, I ALMOST had

<---- This

in the ditch once. About 40k lbs

It was too close for comfort, I was sliding backwards down a steep gravel road.

I don't think I coulda pulled it out of the ditch.:rolleyes:

It did take 4 lo to get it moving again, though. :sweet

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have pulled a 16,000lb 4wd forklift out of 3ft of mud with my superduty. Mind you I did use a 'snap' strap to yank it out. My truck didn't even seem to break a sweat!

budtoh3zo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont even want to know the wight. 970 case tractor up the its axles in mud with a baler full 1500 pound bale. Took 5 good tugs but it came.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
That looks like fun. Never got to do that in a snow storm but I hooked up a strap to my old man's boom truck and towed it to the shop for repairs.

Thats a darn brigader. Does it have a 3208 cat in it? I can't find brig parts anywhere if I do you need to take out a loan to get them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl