2003 6.0 stacks good idea or bad need opinions.

cj036.0

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
O.K. I need honest opinions. I have a 03 6.0 super cab with intake, Edge Platnum and 4" magna flow. I've been thinking about putting 5" dual stacks on it. I am currently running a magna flow 4" turbo back with no cat and no muffler. My questions are, I have a new born son and will having stacks be to much noise inside the cab ? His car seat is in the back of the cab. Second, Will dual stacks give me anymore HP than what I have already and will it free it up more for my Edge Platnum when I power it up? How will it affect fuel milage? Should I put a muffler before the stacks like the 4" I already have but not using to cut down on in cab noise? Which sounds better stacks with muffler or without muffler? Will putting a muffler before the stacks hurt my HP ?
:thanks

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
I don't know fer shure just because I'm young and don't know everything to know yet, but 5" will probably give you a little bit more power, nothing that you would really notice, you'd probably notice your EGT's down about 50-150 degrees though. Putting a muffler wouldn't hurt your HP from my knowledge, because taking it off doesnt make any more HP. I wouldn't be too worried about the noise, the only thing I'd be slighty concerned about is all the turbo whistle (seriously). It's an 03 with the loud arse turbo that may make you wanna plug your ears.

Just my .02

crzycowboy

Suporting Vendor - www.grpipes.com
Reaction score
cj036.0 said:
O.K. I need honest opinions. I have a 03 6.0 super cab with intake, Edge Platnum and 4" magna flow. I've been thinking about putting 5" dual stacks on it. I am currently running a magna flow 4" turbo back with no cat and no muffler. My questions are, I have a new born son and will having stacks be to much noise inside the cab ? His car seat is in the back of the cab. Second, Will dual stacks give me anymore HP than what I have already and will it free it up more for my Edge Platnum when I power it up? How will it affect fuel milage? Should I put a muffler before the stacks like the 4" I already have but not using to cut down on in cab noise? Which sounds better stacks with muffler or without muffler? Will putting a muffler before the stacks hurt my HP ?
:thanks

THEY ARE LOUD!!!! You can actually keep your 4" system on your truck, move the muffler to under the cab, then you can finish off the system. On a system like Grand Rocks, the 5" stack kit has a 4" inlet! So the system you would need would be decently priced. You can even add extra mufflers in the stacks. As far as performance nothing gained....you should have the same performance as you do now. Your egt may be a little cooler, but thats probably about it. I dont belive the extra mufflers in the stacks will hurt your performance, just muffle the sound a bit. Then again the less restriction on the flow of exhaust the better it will run..... If you're interested let me know, and I'll put you in contact with a vendor!:sweet

Josh

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
Don't worry about your kid and the noise affecting him. Both my nephews have heard it since they were born. They are still both little terrors but it works for a great sleep enhancer. Mine always go to sleep about 10 minutes down the road. Also the older they get the more you'll hear whee from them when you romp on it. Thats the best part.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14