Help Needed 2003 F350 7.3 tranny problems

ForplayMotorspts

Forplay Motorsports
Reaction score
I have a 2003 F350 7.3 psd 4x4 crew cab long box with 145,000 on it and i just got it a couple days ago it was working fine and now today the tranny will not shift from 2nd-3rd and very rarely goes into reverse now too. I ran a Motis scanner on it and came up with these codes... P0733 Gear 3 incorrect ratio, P0605 Internal Control Module ROM error... Could you please help me out or give me any advice My names Ryan :cussing::dunno

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Something with the solenoid pack???:dunno:dunno

Try giving Brian at Brian's Truck Shop a call. Brian's got a rep as building about the best 4R100 tranny in the country and knows these things better than the guys that designed them.

p.s. Where in WI you located there 4play? In Marshfield maybe??

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
OK.
The guy I mentioned in Marshfield, has had a couple of business ventures with a very similiar name.

But anyhow, give Brian a call. He'll help you out with the trouble shooting and can help you out with anything from a solenoid pack, valve body to the most bullet proof tranny available.

I've got one and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

ForplayMotorspts

Forplay Motorsports
Reaction score
ok now i am really confused its back to shifting normal except the od light is still flashing? Any help?

PTECH

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If the light is flashing you still have a trouble code logged. Reverse problems are not good. Nothing electronic controls reverse or manual first on a 4R100.
The code for the ratio error could be related to a vss problem. swap the input and output vss and see if the speedo is effected. if so then the one you moved to the output is bad. Typically when your OD light flashes the Type 1 DTC that sets it will cause the unit to go into failsafe mode, which should cause very firm shifts due to increased line pressure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14