CCV mod with pictures

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
John a 45 degree wye with hose barbs?
aircraft spruce
think old school aviation, they have it

Cool--I was thinking a barbed fitting, but if I could go to an all-threaded system vs. barbed fittings and hose clamps, I'd rather do it that way.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
john
the biggest obstacle is overcoming the fear of plastic degas bottle connection.
you could CUT the barb off:eek:
then drill the hole for a 6-an bulkhead fitting , (I believe its an 1/2) with an o-ring and teflon spacers, sure would work
would be tough but ccan be done. how much is a degas bottle any way
I have not looked at all teh coolant hoses for routing and fitting placement
I suspect it cost around 800 to 1k to do just the coolant hoses and a/c hoses
with the right fittings and adapters and cushion clamps, plus a few creative stainless rigid lines for asthetics.
the ss braided line has to be clamped to prevent it from chaffing a hole post haste through anything it touches.
would be a great project. probalby take a week to cut and fabricate all the lines and hoses, then a day to repalce all the barb fittings with AN to pipe fittings.
the radiator since its plastic Iwould be tempted to tap the neck fitting to fit a 16 bulkhead, one backup nut teflon and an oring plus seal it with some hypr epoxy resin.
the port on the engine could easily be re-machined to accept AN .
WOW
your going to be busy

so now we ask, what is the cost of replacing all the hoses every two years with normal rubber? vice all this nice aircraft quality hoses

my luck as with the last truck, get it all like i like it and then i sell to get a bigger one
but on the other hand it would look like a million bucks
back when i worked on helicopters for a living, hoses and fittings were pretty easy to come by and one could keep skills intact by making all kinds of STUFF
now teaching and reading has given way to such niceties, I long for the shop floor

Last edited:

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
I suspect it cost around 800 to 1k to do just the coolant hoses and a/c hoses
with the right fittings and adapters and cushion clamps, plus a few creative stainless rigid lines for asthetics.

With that kind of cost, I'll stick with rubber hoses. Admittedly, it would look AWESOME, but there are a lot of other things I'd rather do to the truck first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14