Cougar or Komfort

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need some input... Anyone have experience with a Cougar 290 EFS 5th wheel
or a Komfort 281TS travel trailer? Both cost the same. Komfort looks to have the nicer interior, but Cougar is a 5th wheel. Both are 31 ft. Both are $29,500
Both are 2007 models.

Thanks
Maxtor

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Robert (powerboater) will probably recommend a fifth wheel trailer, as that is what he has, and he likes his a lot. I like the standard travel trailer myself. My best advice to you would be to get the one that YOU like the most. If your truck came with the Ford towing package, you probably have a hitch rated at 12,500 pounds with a weight distributing setup. You would have to get a fifth wheel hitch installed for the fifth wheel trailer. If the trailer dealer throws one in you could go with a fiver for no additional cost. IMHO the fifth wheel hitch is something that takes up needed cargo space in the bed of the truck. But I have a tonneau cover on my truck and the truck bed is where all of the excess gear goes. Most fivers have additional storage areas in the trailer itself. Ask five different people on this forum that tow a trailer, and you will get five different answers. :D I rent a travel trailer when I need one, so I never have the same trailer twice.

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the fifth wheel. We started from the get go knowing that we wanted a fifth wheel. It has more storage areas and we need that on some of the longer trips where we stay on the road for 3 or 4 months at a time.
I like what rray said. He rents one when he needs one. Sounds cheaper to me.LOL

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the input...

My main questions is if anyone has had experience with the two different units that I listed. I have an older 5th wheel now, and do like them, but my truck is up in the air, and might have to purchase the trailer. I probably could get the cougar to work, if I reverse the axles, and let it look like it is pointing to the sky.
Although I do not want to much extra weight on the rear axle. Renting has it's advantages, but we are retired and so we will be taking lots of trips, so owning one would be better for us.

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14