Question DIABLO TUNER ?

tad250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPIERIENCE WITH A DIABLO SPORT PROGRAMMER ?

THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE SHOP THAT LIFTED MY TRUCK HAS A USED ONE FOR $200. I CALLED DIABLO SPORT WITH THE PART #S AND IT WILL WORK ON MY O4. THEY SAID I WOULD NEED TO UPDATE IT VIA THE CABLE THAT COMES WITH THE PROGRAMMER WHICH I CHECKED AND IS STILL WITH THE USED TUNER. ONLY MODS ON TRUCK ARE 8 INCH PRO COMP , 37 " M16 SWAMPERS , AND A CAT AND MUFFLER DELETE.

I AM NOT WANTING TO RUN THIS TUNER ON KILL AT ALL TIMES , JUST THOUGHT ABOUT MAYBE USING IT EVERY NOW AND THEN. TRUCK ONLY GETS DROVE ON THE WEEKENDS

JRJ04

Reaction score
first thing i would recommend is some gauges to monitor you egt, boost, and tranny.

As for the diablo predator...I have it on my 7.3 and I LOVE IT!! Great tuner. I would highly recommend it!

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I had one for my 6.0, I ended up selling it of and getting a custom tuned SCT. I didn't care for the quality of the Diablo tunes, and they have been known to cause head gasket issues.;)

tad250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

WHERES THE BEST PLACE TO GET SOME QUALITY GAUGES , AND DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD DIESEL SHOP IN NORTH ALABAMA TO HAVE THEM INSTALLED ?

goodriddance

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
WHERES THE BEST PLACE TO GET SOME QUALITY GAUGES , AND DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD DIESEL SHOP IN NORTH ALABAMA TO HAVE THEM INSTALLED ?

what kind of gauges you want? I run and edge Insight and love it, it reads over 100 parameters and has some really cool display options, and it's reasonably priced. I also run an SCT custom tuned by Innovative diesel, his tunes are great and his tranny tuning is top notch, I'm not sure about shops in Alabama, but I know the edge insight takes minutes to install, the only thing you really got to do is drill and tap your exhaust manifold for the EGT probe, the hardest thing was running the wires behind the dash to be honest A pillar mount, if you click my banner that where I get all my stuff from greats guys and great customer service

ralphinnj

Lifted Dually in NJ
Reaction score
Don't buy the Diablo. The Diablo units on the 6.0 engine put some timing into it and that has resulted in somewhat too-high cylinder pressures for the 6.0. The 6.0 has relatively weak head bolts and the Diablo is a well-known puker. Save yourself the headache of a blown headgasket and get an SCT.

Ralph

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14