Question Diablo tuner????

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok yesterday i got my programmer in the mail its a diablo predator. I installed the 85hp tune (the middle setting) and now i have a random CEL light it pulls codes p1211 which is injector control pressure is higher or lower than desired and P0603 powertrain control module keep alive memory error. Now the tuner says its normal for a tuned truck to pull codes and cause a CEL light, if thats the case im gonna send it back. I like the power but im not gonna watch that light, is this normal?? Any help would be great

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A banks 6-gun does not set any codes.(that is what I have) It is plugged in to the harness between the engine and ecu, and intercepts and modifies signals going in and out of the ecu. So you get all the power, but the ecu never recieves any signals out of normal parameters. it also interfaces with the obd system and will shut down tuning if your engine does throw a trouble code.(defaults to factory mode) I believe the SCT tuners are very good for not throwing codes either, and do so through reprogramming the ecu. I have heard of the diablo, but I have no first hand experience. Maybe someone else on here?

If there is one thing about a vehicle that absolutely drives me nuts is a cel that comes on when nothing is really wrong. absolutely cant stand it. I have been known to take the bulbs out!

Last edited:

ward cleaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Tony Wildman chip will only set High boost code, hehehe!
Or, you could get a DP chip, but the Banks tuner is for girls!:lmao

dmd

Reaction score
Banks doesnt give enough power to set a code... It is a old man's chip that think
50-hp extra is gonna throw a rod... Way too much money for minimal power.

Get used to that CEL light when making good power, it is telling you to hold on. Also
telling you that you will need a WW or a turbo housing when you tow to get
rid of the surge, and that you will need a AIS overboost eliminator to stop
setting that code, and that you will need to remove the AIH heater for better
air flow..... It never stops...

Banks... :fogey

pjwoolw

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
But the Banks stuff is legal (CARB approved) in California. Also was a dealer installed option at many dealerships. So no warranty issues. I wouldn't run any of their electronics either. But until the other folks get their products CARB approved (probably never) Banks is really the only legal choice here. At least for those affected by the new smog legislation.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
But the Banks stuff is legal (CARB approved) in California. Also was a dealer installed option at many dealerships. So no warranty issues. I wouldn't run any of their electronics either. But until the other folks get their products CARB approved (probably never) Banks is really the only legal choice here. At least for those affected by the new smog legislation.

And that will be all of us in California.

Dave

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i've been playing with the diablo and no CEL on the tow setting or the 110hp setting. just been keeping an eye on the guages and left it turned up

dmd

Reaction score
Just pull the chip when you take it in, I dont see an issue unless they do random
road side checks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14