Gpr

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Finally got cold here the other morning and the old Stroke didnt want to play nice. I ended up having to jump the terminals on the GPR and have someone else hit the key and she fired up. I think I put that particular GPR on the truck nearly two years ago (one of, if not THE first repairs I did after purchase) and it was the NAPA GPR109. Shortly after that I ran across the website that was surplussing out the heavy duty GPR's for like $20.00 and bought one and tossed it on the shelf in the garage. Now its installed and things seem back to normal. I just replaced all eight glow plugs back in April when I did my BDP Stg I's. :thumbs

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Finally got cold here the other morning and the old Stroke didnt want to play nice. I ended up having to jump the terminals on the GPR and have someone else hit the key and she fired up. I think I put that particular GPR on the truck nearly two years ago (one of, if not THE first repairs I did after purchase) and it was the NAPA GPR109. Shortly after that I ran across the website that was surplussing out the heavy duty GPR's for like $20.00 and bought one and tossed it on the shelf in the garage. Now its installed and things seem back to normal. I just replaced all eight glow plugs back in April when I did my BDP Stg I's. :thumbs

got COLD? :confused: its still 80 degrees here. 60's at night.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up the stancor contactor when surplus center had them for about $40 and shortly there after mine failed completey as in one of the lugs completely fell off when I pulled on the wire.

Right now we're in the upper 60's low 70's in the early AM

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
stroke_smoke said:
got COLD? :confused: its still 80 degrees here. 60's at night.

Yeah, it was in the mid 20's the other night and we got our first shot of snow.:sweet

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Shortly after that I ran across the website that was surplussing out the heavy duty GPR's for like $20.00 and bought one and tossed it on the shelf in the garage.

Is it a Stancor? If so for $20 you should have bought a bunch and sold them on ebay, you could retire now :cool:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Is it a Stancor? If so for $20 you should have bought a bunch and sold them on ebay, you could retire now :cool:

Its not a Stancor brand, but it has all the specs and physical size that the Stancor has. There was a pretty good run on that item from the folks at the other site. They have since sold out of them and no longer carry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14