grins and giggles, a weight concern

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
yesterday on our down wind leg of the return to bama trip, I got weighed at a Loves truck stop,
OMG
front axle 4620
drive 7040
trailer axle 12,200
total, just over 23K .... 23860
talk about momentum climbing hills :thumbs
time for an upgrade on trailer axles, I was over by 200 pounds, :eek:
i didnt get a chance to get pin weight but by the amount of rear spring flattening i bet it was close to 2500 pounds plus or minus

Last edited:

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek: Holy weight watchers Batman, that is some load! I thought I was heavy at a little over 17k#! :hail I would be curious to hear your pin weight as well but I'll bet your pretty close. :sweet

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
greg
your new picture is screwing up my screen ,:roflmao you cant tow two trailers :D :roflmao :roflmao
Yep its got to be close to 2500, bounced off the overloads enough to keep the spring marks CLEAN. she sure did pull well, never left me feeling SLOW or low on power

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry! :rolleyes: I took the other image off, it was for testing purposes only anyway!
Yeah, I remember being all stressed out about my first pull with my X and whether it was going to get the job done. So what did I do for my first pull?, We took it up to Cloudland Canyon State Park! Don't know if you have ever been up there, but if I had known it was that steep of a climb I would have reconsidered that first trip and went to Stone Mountain instead! All was good though and that thing tugged that trailer up the mountain without a hiccup I had a big :D on my face the whole way up! Then I stressed out about coming back down the mountain :eek: but then I had a big :thumbs the whole way down with that Torqueshift! :burnit I love this thing! I have towed my trailer about 8,000 miles with it know and has never failed me!:clap: Bravo!

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
greg
a few times coming down a steep grade it downshifted into what i thought was dangerouss rpms, 3900, the 1st gear drops at about 15 really wake you up.
once it jerked hard into first , we just go tgoing and it upped to 2nd then the turkey in front slowed down fast, i nailed the brake and it went BAM first gear, and we stopped :eek: the whole ordeal nice and smooth body roll wise
th eintergrated controller is really hooked up well applying the brakes. each stop was smooth and free from brake jerks. I could on and on, for the first really long trip I was very impressed blah blah blah:D

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Dang Robert, you really did need the new truck! Hitting the overloads eh, I do that too sometimes in my little 250, a little harder than you sounds like.:eek:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
antonio
I-20 is terrible in Lousyanna and mississippi, bouncing bouncy bounce BOUNCE
it was like riding a wave of asphalt , they have been rebuilding the bridges in Jackson miss (I-20/59 corridor) since i was about 12, and they still arent finished, its like the boston tunnel big dig , it may never end

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I drove to shreveport and down to lafayette and over to FL back in october. I know what you mean! Dang bumper pull trailer with the trade show booth was annoying. Getting ready to head to Vegas end of next month. Hopefully on B-100!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14