Help Needed HELP 2000 4x4 down tranny woes

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're mechanically capable and detail oriented, oh and have the time too look into doing the transmission yourself.

That's the option I chose, plenty of details and a few custom tools to buy but all in all I have about 2500 in my transmission, including the tools that I'll likely never use again, but I'm hanging on to them. Suncoast, Racer-X, and Factory Tech all offer kits to rebuild it yourself, and are going to be more than adequate for the power that 90% of us make. Not to mention they all are making sure that you get the internal upgrades that have been made over the years, additional frictions and steels in the appropriate places.

Any shop with a Jasper engine sign hanging out will be able to get you a monster box through Jasper or you can get it from Factory tech and pay your mechanic to install it or DIY.

Ratfink

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
yea i have no problems with the mechanical stuff heres my mods :
juice with attitude
mbrp 5in turbo back
aem intake
fast fuel system
75hp injectors
banks technicooler aka intercooler
arp headstuds
fluidamper
bullydog propane injection kit

these are the things that are on the truck but i just got the truck and most were already on it but i did add some as well i guess its all the diesel performance mags i read but let me know if you guys and gals think a stock tranny is fine ?

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
yea i have no problems with the mechanical stuff heres my mods :
juice with attitude
mbrp 5in turbo back
aem intake
fast fuel system
75hp injectors
banks technicooler aka intercooler
arp headstuds
fluidamper
bullydog propane injection kit

these are the things that are on the truck but i just got the truck and most were already on it but i did add some as well i guess its all the diesel performance mags i read but let me know if you guys and gals think a stock tranny is fine ?

Stock with updates is fine.

Potentialbuyer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Those mods may be pushing a stock trans depending on how the truck is driven. I have a friend with a Dodge and if he downloads the max HP programming, the clutch will slip. This only happens under extreme conditions (he does truck pulls with it) but it is something to think about if your vehicle is used for severe duty.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
stock with upgrades & good torque converter & improved valve body will be adequate for current power.

Given your mod list whatever you do don't get a stock converter, you'll toast it very quickly. Increased friction counts would be nice and for the small additional cost while it's out and your are rebuilding it anyway I'd say well worth it but not required.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
precision industries stallion converter is popular

I have a low stall converter from ultimate converter concepts

suncoast converters in ft walton beach FL makes some excellent converters.

the first and 3rd are going to be 1100+ for just the converter you'll come in under 1000 for the 2nd and it'll hold everything that you have right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14