Help

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i hope you can help, i have a 2002 F250 space cab and i live in Australia, my problem is that when i went to start it to go to work it crank about 2 times and lockup???? motor oil is good (not low) Coolant is fine,no codes

rescue911g

Rescue911g
Reaction score
Hi Bigdog
It sounds like possible hydro lock.
This happened to me I also have a 2002 7.3 and it was my fuel injection module that went. it apparently dumped a lot of fuel into my cylinders and locked up my motor with out warning.

George

straitcountry

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
pull the valvecovers off & glowplugs out then try to crank it, if it is Hydrolocked it will shoot out. this will atleast give you and idea if something internal broke if it still won't turn over.

Jay

bondsman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My son's 95 had something similar. He went out to start it and I just happened to be out there.. He turned it over and it cranked for about 4 seconds, then it just stopped. Turn the key and it would not turn over anymore. Lost the wait to start light as well.
He removed the starter, it tested fine.
Checked battery voltage, fully charged.
Cleaned all cable connections positive and negative from batteries to grounds to starter, and it fired right up.
I guess just start with the simple stuff first because we thought something "bad" had happened when it abruptly stopped turning over.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned all cable connections positive and negative from batteries to grounds to starter, and it fired right up.
I guess just start with the simple stuff first because we thought something "bad" had happened when it abruptly stopped turning over.

^^^^^^^ What he said. I was going to say start easy and work hard. Work smarter not harder, and start simple. Hope it is just a bad battery connection

Bigdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^ What he said. I was going to say start easy and work hard. Work smarter not harder, and start simple. Hope it is just a bad battery connection

Thanks to all for the info on this problem.
But i have to say that i won the Biggest goose award for this month :clap::clap:
It have been raining cats and dogs the last few days and my yard has water and mud every where, so if i put my wetsuit on and got under the truck and turned the crank by hand, i would not have had to get it tow to the dealer, only to have the dealer tell me that one of the batteries had drop it's guts and the other one was all most gone as well. So two new batteries and off we go.
Thanks All

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice set'a "Joey Bars" on yer 250 there.......Bigdog ! ;tu

Ya sure do need'm "Down Under", as I remember.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl