I'll Try synthetic oil next time

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll get to try synthetic oil on my next oil change as I now have 4 gallons of Mobil 1 5W40 Turbo Diesel Truck oil on hand by accident. Chain parts house had Mobil Delvac 15w40 on sale for $7.99 a gallon. I called one of the stores close to the hotel I was staying in at work and they said they had the oil. When I drove over to the store they could not find the 9 gallons they showed to have in inventory. I spent 30 minutes waiting for them to find it so they decided to order some from another nearby store and have delivered the next morning to this store so that I didnt have to drive out of y way to get the oil. BTW the sale went off at midnight that night but the manager said that i would still get the sale price. The next day, yesterday, i went by the store to get the oil. They could not find the oil and started trying to find out if they ever received the oil fro the transfer. The best they could determine was that the oil had been dropped off at another store across town and that store had sold the oil. The manager said i know you use Mobil, how about any oil we have at that price. This Turbo Diesel Truck oil says that its for those that use 15W40.

I hope these 2 are compatible with each each other. Maybe I'll see a benefit from the synthetic oil next change. I'll try this for $32.00.
:sweet

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad always told me never to mix different oils with different vescosities (spelling??). Never asked why though...? I've accidently mixed valvoline 10-30 into 10-40 before...I dont guess it hurt.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
You are going to like the quieter engine.

Switching to synthetic is fine for a permanent switch but switching oil brands/types on a regular basis is a bad practice. While they are somewhat compatible many people find that oil consumption and leaks occur after switching. If you don't have plans on sticking with the synthetic I would not use it.

I personally run Mobil 1 and really like it. Been running it for years and am leak/consumption free. I will not try any other oil as I don't want to promote problems.

Smoky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have read in this forum of many that run synthetic in the winter as they say it helps with colder weather startups. They then run petroleum based oil for the summer oil. May run the same brand etc... The Mobil 1 synthetic says its for user of 15W40 diesel oil. :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim