Help Needed Injector trouble

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HELP !! I have been having a rough running truck today & just heard a hard knock in the right bank. I think it is an injector. Is there something I can do other than replacing it?? I am planning on leaving on about 800 mile trip Sunday.Help & Thanks as usual to all.:hail

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I just felt the truck not running right , a little rough running. How about the 2 cycle oil fix , will that help my problem??

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
How is your fuel level in your tank and or your fuel pressure?

If you are sucking air into your fuel system inside the tank, you might exhibit the symptoms you're describing. If your tank is around 1/4 tank or less and are experiencing these symptoms, try adding enough fuel to bring it to a 1/2 tank. If the fuel intake system is sucking air from the mixer assembly, it'll begin to do it as the mixer assembly becomes uncovered by fuel about 1/4 tank. If you add enough fuel to re-submerge the mixer assembly and the engine/injector noise gradually diminishes, then that is where your problem lies. You need to do the "Hutch" mod.

If your fuel pressure is very low, the net result is the same, the injectors aren't getting enough fuel and will clatter, and the engine will run rough. Put a fuel pressure gauge on the port on the backside of the fuel filter housing and see what it says. Stock/unshimmed pressure should be around 50 -60psi. The best set-up is a fuel pressure gauge which can be observed while rolling down the road. When my fuel pump was going bad, it would have OK pressure at idle, but would fall off to about 10 psi at full throttle.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Have you been running any kind of lubricity additive in your fuel since ULSD became the norm? You can try a couple of ounces of two cycle oil, it surely wont hurt anything but I doubt it will cure you either.

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Stanodine , but I am about to put some 2 cycle oil in I think.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
there is no magic injector fix in a bottle....if you have a dead one replacing it is your only option.

twt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new injectors are going to be put in next Tuesday. I sure hope my truck will run better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14