Is it true

05 F250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Is it true that a afe stage 2 will give you twice as much tourqe than the stage 1 Also How does the stage 2 compare to the airraid or the RFI from bully dog. Just want to know so I only have to buy once.
Thanks

monkeyboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The 6.0 stock air filter is very good. A new intake, without any other mods, will give you no more power.

Maybe they will add some when you start doing more and reach the stock intakes capacity.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
05 F250 said:
Is it true that a afe stage 2 will give you twice as much tourqe than the stage 1 Also How does the stage 2 compare to the airraid or the RFI from bully dog. Just want to know so I only have to buy once.
Thanks
It could be true, I guess, but you must remember that 2x very little is still not very much. Air filters do not give you more horsepower/torque except for at WFO at redline. Any time other than that, you won't notice much difference at all. The reason air intakes are popular mods is because they help keep stuff cooler, for the most part. When i put my AFE stage one on, any gains in horsepower were hardly even noticable (if there were any at all). If you doubled any perceived gain, it would still be so small as to almost be unnoticable.

You are not going to get even 45 ft-lbs they advertise for a stage 1 out of a stage II, much less 90 ft lbs.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, heres my take on the deal. If your bone stock i doubt you'll tell any difference going from stock filter-afe1- afe2 other than a little more turbo whistle which we all know is a good thing! Now if your heavily modded and switch from the stock airbox to an afe2 your going to notice a pretty big difference because the afe 2 will flow way more air than the stock box will. We all know that more air on an overfueled engine will produce more hp.

luke

Reaction score
Yep - I agree with Luke and Hoss - find something else to spend your money on. The stock filter in my opinion is an excellent filter. The hard thing for most people is learning that they don't have to change it as often as those of past times. Your stock should - on the average - get you at least 20K and more. Of course it will be different for some.
I currently have 20K on my filter and using AutoEnginuity to measure mass air flow - no difference at the moment from brand new.

Ron

F350CCFX4

Smokin Bye
Reaction score
I went with Airaid and it was my only install at the time. Noticed much better throttle response and increase in turbo noise. My reason for getting it was because the stock filter kept plugging up when it snowed. Being stuck on the side of the road because of a damn engineering issue really ticked me off.

Which one is better? Won't even get that thread issue started. Will tell you that we took 3 or 4 air intakes to the track and installed them all on one truck and the Air raid got the best 1/4 time increase. It wasn't much, but the extra layered filter and the better 1/4 time told me it was allowing more into the engine. The HP and TQ gains weren't enough to talk about, but the throttle response was enough for me to choose it. Just my $.02.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14