Help Needed No Lube in Rear End!

hotrodturbo7

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
HAHA yeah thats what she said, very funny...

My rear differential failed on my 2001 f-250 lariat, it is the s409h 3.73 limited slip.

What other years/axle codes could I bolt right in to get the truck back on the road?

appreciate any help you can offer.

BTW first post, awesome forum here

Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear that. Welcome to SDD.com. Is there a leak some were or did it just disappear?

bigrigr

Real trks hv 3 pdls
Reaction score
I'm not real familiar with the codes, but I think all 99 up psd's have the sterling axles. obs trucks came with dana's i believe, but not positive. Just use a tape measure on the axle perches,and remember, the wheel bolt pattern on the obs's is just a bit different as well. still 8 lug, but not the same spacing. Hope this helps, and good luck. Welcome to the site!

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market as a good reference for what will interchange. It will give you a list of years that they have parts available from that will fit the application that you provided.

From what I can tell it will be '00 - '04 and it appears you have a limited slip axle.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
... The dually's are Different... Dana 80's the SRW are Sterling, as mentioned you'll be best served to stay with your year model as lug sizes changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14